cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NLapl1
New Contributor I

NUC8I7HVK AMD Radeon driver unusable

Jump to solution

Just got a new NUC8I7HVK. I installed every driver and the last one is the AMD Radeon driver downloaded from the NUC support page.

While installing, the screen goes black and then starts flickering, maybe once each 2 seconds. After rebooting, the flickering continues. The driver is absolutely unusable. Upon uninstalling the driver (between the flickers), everything goes back to normal, but I'm stich with the generic VGA driver. I'm connected via an HDMI cable.

Tried upgrading BIOS to latest version 40 and resetting bios to defaults, but the problem persists.

Windows 10 Pro not activated yet (problems getting activation from old NUC). All Windows updates done. Windows version 1803.

I'm a bit disappointed right now. Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NLapl1
New Contributor I

Well the problem was the combination of HDMI cable an monitor. Tried the NUC on a full HD monitor via the same HDMI cable and no problems. Tried the NUC on the problematic monitor via DP and no problems. Sorry! Problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi

Got problems with Radeon driver but Win 1803 helped me.

Maybe advices from my case will help you

Thank you

DGard6
Novice

Win 1803 fixed my problems with the Radeon driver as well.

NLapl1
New Contributor I

Well the problem was the combination of HDMI cable an monitor. Tried the NUC on a full HD monitor via the same HDMI cable and no problems. Tried the NUC on the problematic monitor via DP and no problems. Sorry! Problem solved.

View solution in original post