Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner

NUC8I7HVK: Raid array stopped working after accessing BIOS again

When I did the thing where you hold the power button for 5 seconds to get the nuc to stop fast booting I saved and then the intel rapid storage technology raid thing seems to have stopped working because it's not booting anymore. Is there a fix for this?

Also, I'm not sure where to post this. Is there a support forum for visualbios? There seems to be a lot of bugs in it. Should this go into the rapid storage support forum?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Did you depressed on F3 in Power Button Menu or, something else?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It's the power button. If fastboot is turned on then you don't get the ability to press the F buttons to boot to the setup screen and stuff. The way out is to hold the power button for like four seconds to show a menu with the F buttons available.

After pressing f2 to access the BIOS I was able to do things like disable fastboot and update the bios. Before I did those things though I wasn't able to boot from the raid array.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Make sure that the SATA Mode parameter is set to RAID. It may have been reset during the prior operations.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. To disable Fast Boot you needed to depress on F3 from the Power Button Menu. Instead of this you entered bios settings and changed something you suppose not to change. Even may be you depressed on F9 to set bios to default settings? Doing this, you have changed also the SATA mode to AHCI from RAID and therefore your NUC is not bootable any more. Follow my instructions to boot now to Windows in SAFE mode, which if may restore the necessary drivers. If this boot in SAFE mode will not work, probably you need reinstall your system:
  2.  Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB. The Installation Media USB (if you don't have one), you may prepare using Microsoft Media Creation Tool https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
  3. Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
  4. Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
  5.  Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
  6. Click/tap on Advanced options.
  7.  Click on Command Prompt
  8. In the Command Prompt write the following command: bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press enter to execute this command
  9. Close the Command Prompt window by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the Command Prompt window.
  10.  Select Continue and sign in to Windows 
  11. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  12. Chose Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot. Reboot your system. 

Leon

0 Kudos