Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8I7HVK randomly switches to a blank green screen and then back to normal over and over. What is wrong?

Just purchased NUC8I7HVK, the display switches between a normal view to a blank green screen and back again. This happens randomly. I can correct by pressing the power button to put the unit to sleep and pressing the button again to wake it up. I have all the latest drivers installed and the BIOS is up to date. The unit is running Windows 10 Pro.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. How are connected to the monitor (interface type)?
  2. What is the model number of your monitor?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

This kind of issue is typically caused by poor/bad cable. Please answer Leon's questions plus: What is cable being used between the NUC and the Monitor? Are any dongles/adapters included in the path?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The NUC is connected to a Yamaha RX-A720 receiver and the RX-A720 is connected to a Samsung UN55ES6500 to HDMI 2.

I could recreate the problem by turning the receiver off and on.

I then used a different HDMI cable and I could switch the receiver off and on and and the problem did not happen, but after about an hour playing a game it started happening again. Right now I'm using the different cable the problem has not occurred.

There are no dongles/adapters involved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The better the cable quality, the better the result. You get what you pay for...

0 Kudos