I seems set the USB setting in the BIOS that during the boot, I cannot enter BIOS setting.
I confirmed the keyboard is working with another PC with USB connection.
Is there any way to reset the BIOS setting?
Appreciate your kind help.
I am sorry that there was a typo.
Seems I set the BIOS wrongly that does not recognize the keyboard so cannot enter to BIOS setting even pressing F2.
Regarding the key board, if I connect to another PC, it works.
Appreciate your kind help in advance.
1. I'm assuming that you are using wired keyboard connected to the USB port. Do you? If the answer is yes, connect the keyboard to the rear USB port.
2. Remove to NUC bottom cover and remove the system SSD (the SSD with Windows).
3. Using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, prepare Windows Installation USB.
4. Insert the Windows Installation USB into NUC rear USB port and power ON your NUC. The NUC should boot into Windows Installation USB.
5.Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
6. Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
7. Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
8. Click/tap on Advanced options.
9. Click on UEFI Firmware Settings
10. Click on Restart. NUC should boot into BIOS settings. Click on F9 (confirm) to set BIOS to default settings and then click on F10 to save settings and exit BIOS.
11. Press and hold the Power button to switch the NUC OFF. Remove the power cord and reassemble the SSD and the bottom cover.
As I repied to Scott, there was no power on USB thus USB memory did not recognized. Also since I use only Linux, I had no Windos OS. Anyway by adding USB ports and supplying the bus power separately, I could reset the BIOS.
Appreciate your kind support and time.
Power on the system holding the power button down/in for 3 full seconds or until Power LED turns amber. This should result in the Power Button Menu appearing in a few seconds (max 30; patience grasshopper). When it appears, your keyboard should be active and you should be able to press the F2 button and get (back) into BIOS Setup. From there, pressing F9 (followed by Y) will reset the BIOS Configuration and F10 (followed by Y) will save the configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
Hope this helps,
Thank you very much for your support.
I tried as follows but failed.
a) Pressing power button down kept 3 full second. The power LED did not turn amber. Instead, it start to blink for about one second and turned off. Kept pressing down the power button more than 30 second, power LED did not came back, means keep dark status.
b) Assuming "blinking" is you meant "Power Button Menu", released the power button. Then display showed as attached "powermenu.jpg". However, the USB memory LED went off as "afterpowerbuttonreleased.jpg", evenhough it was light as "stanbystatus.jpg"
Have I done different from your instruction?
Sorry that it failed. Seems I disabled all power of USB.
Then I solved with following method.
Purchased M.2 -> PCIe converter and installed USB interface board to PCIe socket. (separate power line to the USB interface board. Eventually added extra USB and connected my keyboard and could reset the BIOS setting to default.
Anyway appreciate your kind support and time.