Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

NUC8i3, win says there is no network hardware??

With NUC plugged into router, there is no internet connection

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

There are multiple NUC models that NUC​8i3 might describe. Please provide full model number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Nuc8i3beh​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Ok, basic questions first.

Did you install the Ethernet driver package? If so, what version?

Is your router configured to only allow connections if, for example, MAC address matches?​

...S​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the driver bundle and have been going thru them but so far haven't found the correct one. The router is configured​ correctly and has no problem with the other computers.

In the device​ manager there are a bunch of items listed under network, all having a peculiar bang mark. I'm not looking at it now, I'm sure it isn't "network" heading but something related to that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. You are looking for Intel Gigabit Ethernet Network Connection Driver for Windows 10 for Intel NUC. The file name is: LAN_WIN10_64_24.1.exe
  2. For Wifi Connection you will need to install Intel® Wireless Technology-Based Driver for Intel® NUC. The file name is: WIFI_WIN10_64_21.10.1.exe
  3. .For Bluetooth Communication you need Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for Intel® NUC. The file name is: _WIN10_64_21.10.1.exe
  4. However in order to have Windows recognize your hardware, you need to install the Chipset Software: chipset_win10_10.1.15.3.zip and Management Engine Consumer Driver: ME_Consumer_Win10_64_1909.12.0.1236.zip
  5. All the above mentioned driver and also the latest Bios file, you may download from the Intel Download Page for your NUC: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126150/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i3BEH
  6. If you prefer to update/install your drivers automatically, you may use Intel Driver & Support Assistant: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html?iid=dc_IDSA . However the two drivers mentioned in paragraph 4, you should download and install manually.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thank you, I had downloaded the bundle and with your help everything is working.

I appreciate it.

Regards, Jack