Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8i3BEH Audio HDMI Issue after install 1809

After installing Windows 10 (1809), it all works well until the PC restarts. Then HDMI is no longer sound. Only disable the HDMI audio driver and enable it again. The sound starts to play. And so over and over again.

BIOS is the current version 56. After installing the Intel UHD 655 graphics drivers DCH 25.20.100.6471 and DCH 25.20.100.6519, the HDMI audio does not work at all.

The second thing is that in version 1809, when the computer turns off, the monitor turns off, but the computer still runs, it can only be turned off by holding the power switch.

This is a clean installation of Windows 10 (1809), not an upgrade.

So far, I had to go back to version 1803, where the above does not happen, and everything goes well.

I think the drivers are still not fully functional for version 1809.

I've been trying it for 4 days, reinstalling, trying different versions of drivers, but still the same result. The sound after the PC restarts stops playing.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same issue, new build NUC8i5BEK, Windows 10 Pro 1809. No HDMI audio after boot, sometimes it works, sometimes I have to reboot to get it to work. Also having intermittant loss of HDMI video when booting and I am using the latest DCH drivers. I have an open support ticket for the loss of HDMI video.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It's exactly how you describe it.

I discovered the method of trying - mistaken following - the clean installation of Win 10 1809 + system and current HDMI audio drivers does not work.

But - installation of Win 10 1803 works, then I use intel tools update. Then, after all intell drivers have been installed, the system has been upgraded to version 1809 via Windows Update. Then it all works in version 1809 - HDMI audio is working. What I noticed is that the versions of all the drivers are after the 1803 update other than they were installed in a clean installation of Win 10 1809. The VGA driver is version 25.20.100.6444 and functional. The Intel Driver & Support Assistamt tool does not offer any newer drivers than the ones listed. That's the main difference. And according to me here comes the BUG clean installation of Win10 1809 in the different versions of the drivers.

I am sorry for my bad English.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Interesting, I did clean install 1809 then used the Intel Support Driver and Support Assistant to install/update all the Intel Drivers, then two days later the WDU driver was released and I manually installed it. At this point I have too many applications and data already installed to go back and try installing 1803 first. I will wait an see if Intel Support can come up with a fix or process to resolve my situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all, The graphics driver versions listed above have not been validated for this system yet. If you are still having issues, I recommend uninstalling the current graphics driver and installing the latest validated graphics driver for this unit found here: Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28437/?product=126150 Please also refer to the following article in regards to this issue: Audio playback issue after updating to Windows® 10, version 1809 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031612/graphics-drivers.html Let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Pat S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same issue with a NUC8i5BEH, however it does not allow me to install any driver, siting "this installation package is not supported by this processor type". I've updated to the latest firmware, WIN10 updates have all completed, my processor is i5-8259U @2.3Ghz and I've tried both the xxx.6444 (identified through the intel driver and support software) and the xxx.6519 (as identified above)driver packages.

This was a clean install of WIN10 (Apr18 version) and then the WIN10 update after the driver/ firmware and software updates.

help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

JGreg,

Intel support gave me this process to install the .6444 WDU driver, it worked for me to install the .6444 driver, the igfx.exe install method gave me the error you see. But, this has not solved my issue with intermittant loss of HDMI video, or HDMI audio or both at bootup. I have an open support ticket with Intel, hope they come up with a fix.

1. Go to the link below and provide me the Intel® System Support Utility report

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2. Update the BIOS to version 0056. The link below has the .bio file: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126147

This other link has the F7 BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® NUC: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005850/mini-pcs.html

3. Uninstall the graphics driver

4. Update graphics driver to Version: 25.20.100.6444.

The link below has the .zip file, unzip it and follow the instructions below: 

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet (after driver download) and make sure it will not auto connect when the system reboots.

2. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

3. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

4. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

5. When the uninstall process is complete, Restart your system. (Make sure system won't still auto-connect to the internet)

6. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

7. Open Device Manager

8. Expand the Display adapters section.

9. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

10. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

11. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found (igdlh64" or "igdlh")

12. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13. Reboot your computer and check if the driver version shows as.

The following video shows the procedure as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

DScot, thanks for the comprehensive answer. Its great when the community helps out in the way you have.

Unfortunately, the procedure didn't work for me. But not all is lost - I've managed to get HDMI audio through a different method. Maybe it will hold, noting your comment about intermittent audio through HDMI, I hope its a permanent fix.

Here's what I did:

1. I created a new Win10 install USB using the M$ media creation tool - it was the Jul 2018 version, but I suspect it also downloaded the updates onto the same drive (https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10)
  2. In the BIOS, I disabled the digital audio in the onboard tab (this threw up an error in 'device manager >system >Smart Sound Technology' device once I had reinstalled windows)
  3. I reinstalled Win10 with a restart and boot from the USB, and during the process, deleted all partitions and started again from a fresh drive.
  4. Once Win10 was installed, I went straight to the intel site and downloaded the drivers for audio and HD Video (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126148/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i5BEH)
  5. Installed audio drivers first, restarted, then the Video drivers installed without a problem (this was my original problem), another restart
  6. the speaker icon still had the red cross after the second restart, so I reenabled the digital audio in the BIOS.
  7. When it restarted, I got a notification that the Realtek HD Audio had completed its installation and I now have sound.

now some of those steps may be redundant or not needed, but that was everything I did - it worked for me (so far).

Anyway, I hope it works if you can take it back to bare bones and start again.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos