Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tono
Beginner

NUC8i3BEH can't play netflix 4k HDR

I just purchased NUC8i3BEH and installed Windows 10 and necessary drivers including the graphics driver and MS HEVC extension.

But netflix app does not show any 4k HDR contents on it.

Does anyone successfully watch Netflix 4k HDR contents on NUC8i3BEH ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello tono777,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

In order to play 4K/HDR content on Netflix using an Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i3BEH, your computer environment must meet the following requirements:

• Display (TV or monitor) supporting 4K@60hz.
  • HDMI cable and HDMI ports (display and computer) must be HDCP 2.2 certified.

**Here I would like to add that the processor on this unit supports HDCP 2.2 for 4k Premium content protection over wired displays (USB Type C and HDMI).

• A Netflix plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD.
  • A steady Internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher.
  • Streaming quality set to Auto or High.
  • An HEVC Video Extension must be installed. This enables compatible Windows® 10 devices to play video using the HEVC format in any app, including 4K and Ultra HD content.

**https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?active... HEVC Video Extensions.

**https://help.netflix.com/en/node/101601 I'm not seeing Ultra HD 4K titles when I browse Netflix.

Please provide the following information to verify your system environment:
  1. How are you connecting your Intel® NUC to your HDR monitor/TV?
  2. What is your monitor/TV model?
  3. Do you meet the Netflix Account requirements:

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Tono
Beginner

Hi Wanner G,

Thank you for the reply.

Here are the answers to your questions:

> 1. How are you connecting your Intel® NUC to your HDR monitor/TV?

I use HDMI cable (supporting 4k hdr) between NUC's HDMI and TV's HDMI.

The TV's HDMI port supports HDMI 2.0a (4k@60hz HDR).

> 2. What is your monitor/TV model?

XBR55X850D. This TV supports 4k@60hz HDR and I can watch 4k HDR netflix and amazon streaming videos from other devices (such as PC with GeForce 1060 or nVidia Sield TV).

> 3. Do you meet the Netflix Account requirements:

Yes, as I mentioned above, I can watch 4k HDR streaming videos from Netflix with other devices.

I'm sure I meet all requirement you listed, but both 4k and HDR are not available on my NUC8i3beh.

Thanks,

tono777

idata
Community Manager

Hello tono777,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the information provided, you should be able to play 4K/HDR content on Netflix. Please verify the following information:

1. Operating system with the latest updates.

2. Check if HDR is enabled in Windows*.

Display Settings > HDR > Advanced Color settings.

3. Latest BIOS version installed (v. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28179/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126150 0048)

4. Check if Intel® Software Guard Extensions (SGX) is enabled in BIOS.

If the issue persists, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Tono
Beginner

Hello Wanner G,

Thank you so much for your help.

Since Windows 10 October Update is finally released, I tried the clear install again with the new update.

Now I can see the Netflix app with HDR content enabled !!

We can finish this discussion now.

Best regards,

WQin01
Beginner

Enable Software Guard Extensions (SGX) in BIOS solves my problem streaming 4k content on Netflix. Thank you!