Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

NUC8i3BEH display scaling

I have connected my NUC8i3BEH via HDMI to my Yamaha AVR which is connected to a 1080p (1920x1080) Panasonic 60" plasma tv. I am running windows 10 v1809. My windows screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. Using the intel iris graphics control panel I have had to use the customize aspect ratio option set to 70% horizontally and vertically in order to have my screen fit properly on my tv which surprises me since my windows screen resolution matches my tv resolution.

Everything looks good with correct aspect ratio but I'm wondering if there is a better way or better tool for sizing the NUC display.

Brad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Sounds like your TV has Overscan enabled. Try disabling it.

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Right you are PeterNUC, overscan was indeed enabled on my TV. Thanks for your reply. With overscan disabled, I have set the aspect ratio to 100% horizontally and vertically in the intel iris graphics control panel and everything fits perfectly now.

The default scaling option since I had changed it to "customize aspect ratio" should be "maintain aspect ratio" if I remember, right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Good to hear that. In my settings it is "Maintain Display scaling" and I never touched it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks PeterNuc, I appreciate your comments.

Brad

0 Kudos