Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11446 Discussions

NUC8i3BEH fail at boot (keeps blue button for 20 sec) then shutdown (its cycled)

RobertGtz
Employee

NUC8i3BEH  working fine for 2 weeks (Windows 10 Home) , but suddenly not booting.

2 Memory HyperX RAM 8Gb (each) DDR4 CL15 SODIMM

It tries to boot (power button light keeps stable for ~20 seconds)  then shutdown when tries to start disk SSD , ( disk orange light ) flashes very quick before shutdown.

1) Verified SSD its fine , I already checked disk in a different computer.

2) I don't see anything in HDMI Display ( its always blank) 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RobertGtz,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.    

For boot issues, you can try the following steps:  

1. Try posting with minimal configuration: 1 stick of RAM, CPU, and power supply. Try swapping the RAM with the different slots in the PC. 

If you are able to post with the minimal components, try: 

1. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup. 
  2. Press F9 to set defaults. 
  3. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS. 

Or Update the BIOS to the latest version. 

2. Try a BIOS recovery using the security jumper method described here under "BIOS Recovery by Security Jumper": https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005636/intel-nuc.html  

3. Try resetting the power:  

1. Unplug your NUC from the AC outlet and wait for about 10 seconds. 
  2. Press the power button on the front panel of your NUC a couple of times. Do this with no power source connected to make sure the NUC discharged completely. 
  3. Connect your NUC to the AC outlet and try to turn it on. 

If none of these steps work, then you may want to replace your product. As you recently bought this NUC, you should contact the original reseller. Otherwise, contact us directly for further help: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RobertGtz,  

Were you able to check the previous recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

RobertGtz
Employee

Sorry , none of the recommendations helped. I tried  swapping memory , and also keeping one only in each slot , also  with keyboard USB , tried to F2 and F7 update BIOS etc. the system was turning off before reaching BIOS. Never saw anything in display,  F2 several times , at different times ( from powered off  or just after boot) and more than 3 or 4 secs. etc. F7 the same. System always turned off. I suspected on power issue.

So I decided to return it to vendor , and try a buy a different NUC model.

Thanks for the help, and please close the ticket.  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RobertGtz,   

Thank you for the update. 

We will close this inquiry; however, if you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M