Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8i3CYSN1 no audio after last windows update

Today my NUC was automatically update Windows, after that audio has gone, mu conputer is connected to my display through HDMI and audio goes out by te display, system says there is no audio output device,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Pepex1970, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Do you see any error message in the Device Manager? If yes, please share a screenshot of it. 

3. What is the brand and model number of your monitor? From the NUC to the monitor are you using any adapter or is it a straight HDMI connection? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Fortunatelly i found a post somewhere on the internet, i beleive there is a bug on your firmware, first of all, the boot device must be connected on a USB port at the back of the NUC, then you must have anothe usb connected at the front.

Only by doing this i can boot from my Windows installer USB or DVD.

Just this let reinstall the OS from scratch abd solve my issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Pepex1970,  

Thank you for the update on this. 

I am glad that you were able to fix this problem, thank you also for sharing the fix with the community. 

Based on that, we will proceed to close this matter, if you need further assistance, please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician   

0 Kudos