cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

NUC8i5BEH HDMI firmware update issue

Jump to solution

I just got a NUC8i5BEH. Eventually I'm going to install GNU/Linux on it, but I saw that the HDMI firmware updater only runs in Windows 10 so I temporarily installed Windows 10, updated to the most recent BIOS (0078), and then attempted to run the HDMI firmware updater. I'm connected to an HDMI TV, so I know the HDMI port works (the two monitors that I intend on using regularly with this new device are DVI only and I'm waiting for Thunderbolt-to-DVI and HDMI-to-DVI cables to arrive before I can use them).

Anyway, running the BobcatAuxISPTool.exe as administrator doesn't seem to work. In the "Graphics Adapter:" field it shows "Intel (LS-PCON): failed" and clicking "Refresh" does nothing. When I click "Get FW Version" the output/status shows "System connection failed."

Again, the display I'm currently using is using the HDMI port, so I know it works. I read that possibly I need an HDMI 2.0 device? The spec sheets for the two televisions I've tried just say "HDMI" so I'm not sure if they are 2.0 or not. But I also read that even if the device isn't 2.0, the update will still work - but the error message that was displayed in the article where I read that isn't the same as what I'm seeing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: here's a screenshot:

Capture.JPG

EDIT #2:

As this was a fresh install of Windows, I ran Windows Update a bunch and then manually installed the most up-to-date Intel Graphics DCH Drivers. After doing this, I ran the tool again and this time it worked perfectly.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor I

As this was a fresh install of Windows, I ran Windows Update a bunch and then manually installed the most up-to-date Intel Graphics DCH Drivers. After doing this, I ran the tool again and this time it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello DKEBeck88,

We are glad to know that the issue was resolved.

If you have other inquiries, please start a new thread.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos