Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EBesi
Beginner

NUC8i5BEH - Realtek Audio drivers

NUC8i5BEH here, with WIndows 10

I have an unknown device in the device manager with the following id:

{DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification

I have installed all drivers from intel support and the only difficulty I had was with the realtek audio drivers. Normally, it would not install. It would complain for unsigned driver and then fail with error code 0xE0000100. I used then "run as administrator" and it did finish.

The file I used was audio_win10_64_6.0.1.8569

Still, the unknown device remains there.

Anyone else encountered this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello EBesi, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to know if under "audio" devices in the device manager you can see the Realtek controller, if not, please let me know. Also, I would like to request a screenshot showing the unknown device. To best assist you with your request I would like to get more information of the system, specifically a System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
EBesi
Beginner

Thanks David for taking the time.

I attach the report (pretty thorough that one it seems) and some screenshots.

The original language installation was greek and although I switched display language to english some mixed content remains and it is confusing. Sorry about that.

screen4.pngscreen3.pngscreen2.pngscreen1.png

Trial-Member
New Contributor III

Had the same some Month ago.

It helped to download the driver package (here).

I unpacked all the files and then used the device manager to search for the driver.

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello EBesi, Thank you for your response. Were you able to check the previous post? Did it help? Let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
EBesi
Beginner

No, I have not resolved this.

I used the latest driver package in the same way.

Device manager finds something to install for the unknown device, but it will not install.

Still, I do have sound at least.

SChau10
New Contributor II

The "Detection Verification" device is related to Intel Smart Sound Technology, and the supporting driver is part of the Smart Sound Technology driver package, and not the Realtek audio driver, so no amount of Realtek audio driver installation is going to resolve a yellow bang error (missing driver) for this device.

I have also seen a yellow bang appear for this device in my NUC8i7BEH. I believe it is caused by Windows Update not download and installing all parts of the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver into the system.

A remedy is to manually download the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver package from Intel website and install it.

EBesi
Beginner

I think you are correct.

I found this article https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025131/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html

that seems to be relevant, although it is for the previous generations of nucs.

I have not found a different Intel Smart Sound Technology driver package from Intel apart from what is in the IntelHDASST directory together with the realtek drivers.

maybe it's a buggy driver and/or maybe windows updates are to blame.

for the moment I leave it as is and wait for the next version.