Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor III

NUC8i5BEH fails to update BIOS (from 0078 to 0079)

IDSA has offered two updates:

1. update of the graphics driver

2. update the BIOS (from 0078 to 0079)

The installation of the graphics driver failed, the step-by-step troubleshooting wizard was unsuccessful (but I somehow expected that, since I already had the latest version of IDSA).

Here I found a post that at least solves the problem with the graphics driver (thanks to @Al.Hill​  for the link to the latest driver).

So that leaves the BIOS.

I proceeded as usual, started the .bio file and the update with F7, selected the file. After restarting, the Intel logo appeared twice, then Windows was restarted without updating the BIOS.

Does anyone have an idea about this?

0 Kudos
40 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Same issue here!

I tried without success the recovery BIOS with a USB flash drive.

It recognizes the firmware and applies it after a countdown. But, after reboot, there is still the old version.

Highlighted
Novice

I have the same problem updating the BIOS from 0078 to 0079 for my NUC8i7BEH3.

Have tried F7 BIOS update with USB flash drive and it still failed.

The INTEL Logo screen will appeared a few times cause I have done multiple tries to update 0079 and each update will increase the flashing of the INTEL Logo.

Windows was restarted after a few flashing of the INTEL Logo but the BIOS remains 0078. Device Manager shows the firmware fail BE0079.NUC.jpg

Highlighted
Beginner

I have just had a similar problem with NUC8i5BEHFA3 . The Automatic browser based updater offered two updates, one of which was a bios update. The other update failed and the bios update asked me to reboot, which I did. When it rebooted, it showed the Intel Logo and then rebooted again and again. At the bottom of the screen words which include "FAILED" flash sometimes, however I cannot get that message clearly. My machine now seems to have lost it's SSD.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Same here on my NUC8i7BEH. Windows notifications keeps telling me to restart again after every restart. The DSA keeps telling me I have a BIOS update. I have only tried the Express method.

Highlighted
Beginner

Have same issue with a NUC8i3BEH - have tried using IDSA, Windows MSI and BIOS Update (F7) methods. All results are the same - it doesn't work.

Both MSI and IDSA methods ask for a reboot, and when you do, the machine tries to do "stuff" but after it does 2 reboots it just gives up and boots back into Win10.... and the IDSA tells me there are updates available (namely BIOS 0079).

I expect Intel, of all companies, to be able to produce a BIOS update that actually works …. but this problem coupled with the recent Windows DCH display driver update issue, I'm beginning to have a few doubts.

Highlighted
Beginner

Same issue here...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Same here with a NUC8i5BEK. DSA show both the DCH display driver and 79 BIOS available but fails to install either of them. One of the troubleshooters suggested downloading the DSA uninstaller and then reinstalling, which I tried but it didn't help. Wound up just uninstalling DSA altogether, since it kept aggressively nagging me to update two broken drivers.

Highlighted
Novice

Same here with an 8i7BEH - both Express and F7 reboot the machine without installing anything.

Highlighted
Novice

Well, same problem with NUC8i5BEK...

Highlighted
Beginner

Same problem here with a NUC8i7BEH2. Tried DSA, F7 & UEFI. Machine starts update, reboots a few times quickly and returns to normal boot without update.

Highlighted

Trial-Member, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, we will do further research on this matter to try to find a possible solution for this problem to share it with all the peers viewing this thread that had the same issue with the Intel® NUC, for us to be able to do that, could you please provide the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Highlighted
Novice

posted a file.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi @AlbertR_Intel​ ,

Thank you for your response.

Please find SSU-Reports attached.

Please keep in mind that the Graphics Driver Issue is fixed after using this version.

For me only the BIOS-Update remains. Anyway it would be helpful if Intel can investigate the problem with updating Grapphics Driver via IDSA since you can see I am not the one one with this problem.

In this context it may be good to know that both of the NUC8i5BEH showed the same problem with the update for Graphics Driver and still having the same issue with updating BIOS.

Highlighted
Beginner

Ran SSU on my NUC8i3BEH - here's the results...….

Hope it helps.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Same problem here with my NUC8i3BEH...

Regards.

Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

NUC8i5BEK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same problem with NUC8i7BEH2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I think you'll find this BIOS update doesn't work for anyone. Starting from that premise might be easier than asking everyone for an SSU report.

Highlighted

Trial Member: Thank you very much to you and to everybody viewing this thread for sharing those details and for providing the SSU report.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel