Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8i5BEH fan constantly around ~3650rpm

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I just bought a new NUC8i5BEH and experience some troubles with the fan. It's constantly spinning around ~3650rpm which drives me crazy. It doesn't matter what fan settings I enter in the BIOS, it's constantly spinning at the same speed.

I've tried to:

• change the fan control mode / fan settings in the bios
  • disable turbo boost
  • update the bios to the latest version
  • do a bios recovery
  • reset the default bios settings

It all doesn't make a change.

What am I missing / doing wrong?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

Your NUC has hardware failure. Replace it in the palace you bought it (preferred solution) ,or open a ticket to replace it by Intel.

Leon

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Your NUC has hardware failure. Replace it in the palace you bought it (preferred solution) ,or open a ticket to replace it by Intel.

Leon

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hello @Mathijs,

I also have a NUC8i5BEH.

Although I can't exclude that your NUC has a defect (according to your description it seems so, because at least switching off the Tubroboost should have an effect), but in general I want to say: If you are looking for a quiet PC, Intel's NUC are not a good choice in my opinion.

The design seems to make decent cooling practically impossible. That's why the fan quickly increases its speed even for small things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, I got a replacement and the problem is gone now

Highlighted
Super User

Enjoy your NUC.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, 

we recently bought 3 NUCs and all of them have the fan constantly on at full power. Just as @Mathijs I tried different settings and bios updates but nothing helps. If it is a hardware fault is it a component we can exchange our selves (e.g. the fan?) since I rather have the systems running instead of returning them and waiting for a replacement. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@RvD did you get replacements to solve this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

No! No! No! Do not waste your time getting replacement units! There is nothing wrong with the hardware that you have. There is a bug in the firmware causing this. They are currently validating a fix. It is hoped that the updated BIOS providing this firmware will be released next week.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello. I have this intel NUC8i5BEH with this bios version: BECFL357.86A

My fan are always on at full power. I tried to change everything in bios, but I don't found any solution.

What I can do? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I just updated my bios to version BECFL357.86A.0085.2020.1007 and changed fan mode to quite and now it indeed turns off completely or spins slowly. 

The release notes of this bios version indeed list the fan speed fix. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29959/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=129701

@Angy I guess you should check the exact bios version and update again if needed

@n_scott_pearson thanks for the heads-up on this update 

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks a lot. Fixed

0 Kudos