Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlin48
Beginner

NUC8i5BEH - front audio to speakers popping noises

I got a pair of amplified speakers connected to front panel headphone/speaker jack/. I'm getting random popping noises like when i go to youtube first or open applications sometimes. I read something about power management with realtek audio drivers and either i don't have the registry settings or they are set correctly (power management disabled). Anyone else have this issue or a solution to it? thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SChau10
New Contributor II

The popping noises have been traced to Realtek audio driver 8467. There is a newer Realtek Win10 audio driver 8569 supporting the NUC8ixBEH (Bean Canyon series) that has yet to be posted by Intel. I reported earlier that driver 8569 successfully eliminates the popping noises for my NUC8i7BEH. Not sure what happened to that older thread, though.

mlin48
Beginner

SChau10,

thank you very much for the reply. I really appreciate it.

It was driving me MAD. I had so much hopes but it turns out building the NUC has been the worst experience ever for me. I . This was going to be a xmas present for my significant other. I work in IT been building computers since PCXT clones came out, so i am not a novice to computers.

Among other problems i had include:

SATA data/power cable hard to remove in order to insert memory - if you don't have tweezers you are basically pulling on the whole cable/connector

F2,F7 key options don't display before boot, even though enabled in BIOS

and most troubling was mutilple BSODs. Once complained about memory, i ram memtest86 which passed of course. Another time complaining about IRQ. It crashed 4 times in two days with less than 4hrs of use.

And yes, everything was updated, BIOS, latest Windows 10, all updates applied, all drivers loaded, some which were newer than the Intel site.

So sad😑

SChau10
New Contributor II

Enabling Secure Boot in Visual BIOS is known to make the Fx key options disappear from the splash screen. This is apparently a feature.

One type of DDR4 memory I've been able to get working solidly with several NUCs:

Samsung 4GB 1Rx16 PC4-2400T M471A5244CB0-CRC SODIMM

This is a single-sided module with just 4 chips on the front side. It is not listed by Intel within the validated memory lists for NUCs, but I've had no stability issues whatsoever using a pair of this SODIMM in NUC6i5SYH, NUC6i7KYK, NUC7PJYH, NUC7i5DNHE, NUC7i5BNH and NUC8i7BEH (I have quite a few NUC models...😉)

YMMV...

mlin48
Beginner

Welp, Intel should hire you to do QA. This POS is too much for me. Hope everything works well for you.

SChau10
New Contributor II

Intel just posted Realtek audio driver 8569 to their website for NUC8ixBE (Bean Canyon) series. Give this driver a try.

mlin48
Beginner

Thanks but no thanks. I'm returning this thing and getting something else. Was suppose to be a gift. I can't give a gift that has this many problems. BTW, someone in forums just posted sound problems with that new driver as well