Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8i5BEK unable to authenticate with RADIUS

I am unable to authenticate on our RADIUS server.

I have tried every driver I have been able to find for the AC9560.

I have deleted and re-created (gpupdate) the wifi profile.

We have SEVERAL 7th gen NUCs working without issue. Also, all of our Dell laptops, MS Surfaces, various desktops (that are actually using wifi) also work fine.

The NUC shows a 6105 "deauth after EAPOL . . ." in the event viewer. No connection attempts on the server side. The NUC is able to connect to typical private key networks.

In the IT department at my company, we don't want to settle for 7th gen NUCs, and we don't want to have to go up in size even to some ultra small form factor alternatives. Please help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CArth, Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. I see that you have already the latest BIOS, please make sure you also have the latest Intel® Wireless Technology–Based Driver from the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28591?product=126147 Also, please provide the following information: Which internet protocol version are you using? IPv4 or IPv6? Have you tried recreating the Wireless profile using Windows advanced options? I hope this helps! Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

IP4

I have tried that driver.

I haven't been able to recreate the WiFi profile. I will have to get more of the info from our network admin since it is set by group policy and cannot be edited (even as local admin).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CArth, Please let us know the outcome after getting in contact with the Network Administrator. If after that you still cannot get it resolved, please provide more details to look for additional information. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CArth, I would like to know the outcome after getting in contact with the Network Administrator. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have been in touch with our network admin, but even after manually creating this profile I am unable to connect. I tried both from "manage known networks" and "network and sharing center."

So, actually, when I initially join the domain, I am able to authenticate, but after rebooting, I am unable to connect again.

I considered that the issue could be our image, but after manually installing windows, I can still only connect the first time.

Another person in our IT department encountered this issue a couple months ago, and we ended up returning the previous 8th gen NUC (and purchasing a nuc7i5), but we were not made aware of the specific issues. So, my lead told me to purchase another 8th gen believing that we would be able to resolve the issue this time around.

I have also tried to use a USB wifi adapter with the same results.

Again, out of all of our machines, this only happens on 8th gen NUCs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CArth, Thank you for the update. Please allow us some time to perform our research about the issue you're experiencing and check if it's a compatibility issue since you don't have any problems with the 7th gen NUCs. Best regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

After setting up the NUC in an OU in AD with very minimal Group Policies, we were able to determine that it was related to a policy. This policy is in place on other machines without issue. The issue is related to "Device Guard."

0 Kudos