The NUC was a gift to my parents and my dad did an upgrade of the OS patches and i think the BIOS. I tried the BIOS recovery by removing the jumper but i cant get the NUC to boot off of the USB Stick. Power to the MB light is on, but pushing the power, the blue led flashes and then nothing. No Fans nothing.
Youtube video of it. https://youtu.be/4jA7ueMGRiw
- You didn't take the RAM out, since the RAM is soldered here. I can see that there is no SSD in the M.2 slot and that the SATA cable is disconnected. I can see that BIOS Security Jumper is removed.
- If you connect this NUC to PC monitor and power it ON (with the components removed as described above), do you see any video output - Intel NUC logo?
- Prepare fully formatted (disable the Quick format option) USB stick (8GB - 32GB). Format this USB to FAT32 in computer running Windows (rather than MAC or Linux).
- Download and save on this USB stick Bios file IN0036.CAP. Important : the USB device must contain a folder \EFI\Intel, which contains the IN0036.CAP file. Otherwise the recovery will fail. Example: \EFI\INTEL\IN0036.CAP
- Insert the USB with the BIOS file in the rear USB port or in front port with yellow color (charging port).
- While Bios Security Jumper removed, reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
- When bios recovery is completed, press and hold the Power Button to switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) and the SSD. Reinstall the bottom panel.
- Power your NUC ON.
- Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
- Press F9(followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.