Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

NUC8i7BEH BIOS: WLAN checkbox does not disable device node

I'm having difficulty disabling the onboard "Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560" WLAN in my NUC8i7BEH running latest 0056 BIOS. When the WLAN checkbox is unchecked in Visual BIOS, Windows 10 can still see the WLAN device node, the Intel WLAN driver is still loaded, and only the WiFi link is set to a "turned off" state.

On my other NUC models, unchecking WLAN checkbox makes the WLAN device node invisible to Windows OS, but with the NUC8i7BEH, the WLAN checkbox appears to just disable the WiFi radio instead of disabling the PCIe device node of the WLAN.

I'm looking for a way to clean disable "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560" in my NUC8i7BEH.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, I have seen this issue as well. I have reported it to the development team.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thanks for the confirmation, n.scott.pearson!

I just noticed my NUC7PJYH has this exact same issue with its "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462" WLAN as well with BIOS 0046.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I let them know. FYI @Ronny_Intel​, @ChrisV_Intel

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all, We apologize for the delay. Because of the platform migration, we could not update this thread. We were able to replicate the issue reported and we are trying to confirm whether this behavior is expected or not. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all, I would like to add that this is expected behavior for some Intel® NUCs. Even though WLAN (wireless adapter) is disabled in the BIOS, Windows* will still detect in the Device Manager and in the Network and Internet settings. In the Network and Internet settings, it will show Wi-Fi Turned off. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hello Wanner G,

Thanks for the response.

Can you clarify whether this expected behavior is applicable to all NUCs featuring integrated Intel WiFi solutions with M.2:CNVio interface, such as:

• NUC8ixBEx (Bean Canyon series) with Intel Wireless-AC 9560 (Jefferson Peak 2x2)
  • NUC7PJYH/NUC7CJYH (June Canyon series) with Intel Wireless-AC 9462 (Jefferson Peak 1x1)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello SChau10, This behavior is expected in Bean Canyon kits (NUC8ixBEx). We will test this behavior in NUC7PJYH/NUC7CJYH products and get back to you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello SChau10, This behavior is also expected in NUC7PJYH/NUC7CJYH products. This could be happening because of the Wake on Lan (WOL) features supported by the units. If you have any further questions, please let us know. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos