From what I have read, the NUC8i7BEH can support 4096x2304@60Hz through thunderbolt3 to Display Port. I could be wrong, but I believe this implies the thunderbolt 3 should be able to support 3440x1440 @ 144Hz
However, my monitor is running 3440x1440 @ 85Hz. For some reason, HDMI can run at 100Hz even though it is rated for less data...
I've tried multiple cables, updated bios and graphics drivers. Though, the newest thunderbolt3 driver below won't install.
I've been working with support for nearly 3 weeks and no one can figure it out...
I've attached some additional data too.
Can someone please help?
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
Regarding what you have read, it is correct, the maximum supported resolution is 4096x2304@60Hz, 24bpp, DisplayPort* via USB Type C.
Please refer to Intel® NUC Technical Product Specifications, Section 22.214.171.124 DisplayPort* via USB Type-C*, page 12.
However, in order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?
1- Display brand and model? Also, did you generate the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers with that monitor attached to the Intel® NUC?
2- Is this configuration (Intel NUC + monitor via Thunderbolt*) working fine with resolution 3440x1440 but at lower refresh rates other than 85Hz?
Is 3440x1440@144Hz not available under the drop-down list for available resolutions? Or is it available but causing graphics issues?
3- When you mentioned, "the newest thunderbolt3 driver below won't install", could you please provide more details about this issue? Is there any error message? Are you trying Thunderbolt™ 3 DCH Driver Version: 1.41.1054.0? Please provide details of the step-by-step that you are following to install the driver.
4- When you said: "been working with support for nearly 3 weeks", do you mean working with Intel® Customer Support? Please provide more details
5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.
- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
- Note: I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with the Intel® SSU report to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities.
Intel Customer Support Technician
1) Acer Nitro XV340CK Pbmiipphzx 34" QHD (3440 x 1440) IPS Gaming Monitor with AMD Radeon FREESYNC, 144Hz, 1ms VRB, HDR10 Technology, (2 x Display Ports, 2 x HDMI 2.0 & 2 x USB 3.0 Ports), Black
2) Correct. Not available as a choice.
3) Correct. This is the error that I get
4) Correct. Case #: 04956946. I've had multiply representatives try to help. Wasn't sure if this forum would be more appropriate, especially in terms of exposure.
5) I am not sure if I received the email to submit this information. Can you resend? (I have the file ready)
Thank you very much for all the information provided.
We have checked the details about the internal case with Intel® Customer Support. We noticed that that support ticket is still open and the team is providing assistance.
Due to only 1 request is allowed for the same issue/inquiry, and since Intel® Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal case, to avoid duplication of effort we will close this inquiry now from our end but we will leave the thread open in case other users want to participate; however, the support will continue through the internal case.
We will send the information in this thread to the team handling the internal case for additional visibility. Also, since we noticed that you have already provided the Intel® SSU report through the internal case and it is available for the team, it is not needed to resent the email.
Thank you very much for your understanding and for your efforts.
Intel Customer Support Technician