Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8i7BEH fails to update

The Driver & Support Assistant shows I have 2 updates waiting: Realtek HD Audio drivers and Intel Graphics Win 10 DCH drivers.

When trying to install the Audio drivers, the process appears to go as expected, ie the old drivers are removed, reboot, new drivers are installed, reboot again. However, the Driver & Support Assistant still shows there is an Audio driver to install.

When trying to install the Graphics drivers, everything appears to be going OK then it drops outs with an error box telling me that the driver is not validated for my computer. (screenshot attached)

Can anyone shed light on what's happening? I've done many updates so far and had no problems with any of them, until now.

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestion.

If I use this driver will I be forever on that path? Or, will the next update default back to NUC-specific drivers? Is there any real difference between the unlocked and NUC-specific drivers?

TIA

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Zyxak,

We would like to look into the error message you are receiving when trying to install the latest DCH driver.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Note: It is worth mentioning that Intel recommends using drivers customized for Intel® NUCs only.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

My understanding is that, once you have a NUC-specific driver installed, the customizations stay in place, even if you subsequently install one of these unlocked drivers.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Same problem here 8i7beh, also just installed the BIOS update that appears with no problem.

Audio and graphics have the very same problem.

It is not a big deal for me, but it is a bit annoying try to update and not beeing able to do it. Graphics with error and audio not stoping asking for an update.

Of course am using the SSU Download link and automatically checking the updates available.

Highlighted
Beginner

Same issue here, NUC8I3BEH. I got the update notification from the Intel Update Utility. Tried installing, got the same error reported by ZYXAK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello FBode3, TPerk4

We are looking into this issue.

Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Please see attached, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello Wanner,

As requested!

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello Wanner,

Ronny _Intel Just solved the graphic update issue

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006i3KhSAI

But still no luck with the realtek one.

It is strange cause as you can see on the attached files, it is asking for update even the icon is green and the same version number 6.0.8716.1

1.png

2.png

3.png

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

This issue is now solved for me. Instead of using the Intel Driver Assistant, I followed the instructions on the download page. I disconnected from the Internet, uninstalled the Intel Graphics driver until I got to the Basic VGA driver. Rebooted and ran igxpin.exe and the driver installed.

Solved for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have tried updated to 8141 but Windows Update will revert it back to 7529.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all, 

Thank you for the updates.

We are glad to know that you were able to resolve the graphics driver setup issue. If Intel® DSA is still prompting your units to install an audio driver, please start a new thread since we are working with different issues on this thread.

We will focus on providing more details about the error message being displayed when trying to install a newer DCH graphics driver. In this way, it will be easier to address the questions you may have.

Zyxak, 

Are you still experiencing the graphics driver setup issue reported when you started this thread?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello WannerG,

In my particular case version .8141 is still installed and I have not been asked to update the driver. It is perfectly installed.

As suggested I will open a new thread regarding the Realtek issue as it is still asking to update.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I suggest that, while you wait for the new NUC to arrive, you get these SODIMMs replaced as well. When you do get the new unit, test thoroughly and update the BIOS before installing any storage. For example, download the ISO for MemTest86+ and install it onto a flash stick. When you power up the system for the first time, insert this flash stick and test the memory (I recommend for 24 hours, so it is also a burn-in for the official site unit).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Same here with NUC8i7BEK and NUC8i5BEK. On the i7 I even had to install the latest BIOS via recovery since it would only keep restarting without installing. Before I never had any issues with the Driver & Support Assistanr

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

MSien, with all respect, I don't see how this is relevant to this thread? I don't see anything about a new NUC nor memory. Was this intended for a different thread? This thread is about DCH drivers. Maybe I missed something???

For others reading this thread, I did a Windows 10 recovery to before the last big Windows update (for an unrelated bios issue). I then followed the directions here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29530/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939. Then I applied the Windows update. The new driver was still in place after the update. Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Sorry I haven't replied since my last post but I now have a more serious problem.

I noticed a firmware update was available so I bypassed the Audio and Graphics updates to attempt the firmware update.

The NUC appeared to be shutting down in preparation for the update but It it briefly displayed "Please wait while we install a system update" then went into standby (orange light) and then rebooted. It then kept going through the same reboot cycle ad infinitum.

I can get into the BIOS with F2 but if I attempt a firmware update I get the same reboot loop.

Also, if I attempt a firmware update from F7 I get the same reboot loop.

At the moment the NUC is essentially useless as it just reboots all the time.

Any suggestions, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Zyxak, I was able to get the BIOS to update by turning off secure boot. Of course I am assuming it was turned on. I turned it off and the update went through. I had your symptom happen too, but not in a loop. Perhaps once the BIOS is updated, Windows will see the update and boot normally. If not you may need to go into a recovery boot.

For more on the BIOS boot issue, see here: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006i6aJSAQ/nuc8i5beh-fails-to-update-bios-from-0078-to-0...

0 Kudos