Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

NUC8i7BEH replacement fan?

I'm trying to find a replacement fan for my NUC8i7BEH, it's sometimes making a loud grinding noise. Based on my research, it's a 80x80mm AVC 5V/0.5A fan, model BAZB0808R5H. I cannot find that fan anywhere, not even alternatives made by other manufacturers that might fit. Does anyone have any clue what replacement fan I could use?

I would consider sending it in for warranty, but I read somewhere that it might take months...

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I’d be inclined to contact Intel as it’s new and under warranty. Don’t know where you are located, but in the UK using the EU support facility, it took 3 days turn around from collection to a replacement unit being delivered, (5 days if you include from first contact with Intel to delivery).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I'm based in the US. I'll have to look into it I guess. I was hoping that someone can point out a (decent) fan readily available. Another choice would be looking into a fanless case, but I'd rather avoid that...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Here they use DHL and everything gets sent from the UK to Belgium for warranty, so not exactly on the doorstep. Intel seem to use some obscure fans for their NUC’s which are difficult to find. Of course the other possibility is to contact Intel and ask if they could just supply you with a replacement fan under warranty. I seem to recall on this forum in the past, for others in the US, they have done this. No harm in asking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, Intel support refuses to send me just a fan, they want me to send in the entire kit :-( They say the entire unit has to be replaced.

Do they replace the unit with a brand new one (I bought it new just 4 months ago), or do they send refurbished/used replacements?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

That’s a shame. Obviously I can’t comment on the US, but here in the UK they replaced it with a new unit as mine was only a couple of months old. However, I guess that may not apply to older units being replaced (especially with a 3 year warranty) as they must be refurbishing the faulty units sent back and redistributing them at some time. Personally, I would insist on a new unit being sent to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all, I would like to post more information about replacing the fan for Intel® NUC products: 1. Intel currently only replaces the fan on the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK (Skull Canyon). https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027667/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html 2. Currently for the other models, Intel only replaces the entire unit. 3. Depending upon the region, Intel may replace the unit as new or refurbished. 4. Currently Intel does not have recommendations for replacing the fan with a third party vendor. I hope you found this information helpful. We also recommend you to continue working with the Intel Customer Support team that has been assisting you with this inquiry. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Can you elaborate on this statement?

3. Depending upon the region, Intel may replace the unit as new or refurbished.

I am located in the United States. What can I expect here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello TBlue, Depending on the local laws, Intel may elect to replace the Product with either a new or reconditioned Product or components, as Intel deems appropriate. This also applies to the United States. For more information, please refer to the Warranty Information for Intel® NUC Products. Three-year International > How to Obtain Warranty Service https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/3yr_Lmtd_Wrnty_NUC_International.... We also found another ticket number related to this issue. We recommend contacting the Intel Customer Service support to assist you as soon as possible. Intel Customer Support Contact Information for US and Canada https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@11 Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos