Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hGU1
Beginner

NUC8i7HNK can't detect its discrete graphics!!!???

Just bought a nuci8hnk, installed the system, sadly found that the windows doesn't detect the discrete graphics.

Mine operating system is windows10 1803(just installed), I have used intel-driver&support-assistant, only Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is found(see below). And in windows device manager only basic display adapter can be found which is the same case.

What can I do? the support service in mine time zone is off work now(02:36am) btw. I've never encountered such a situation, which is absolutely annoying and disapointing for a newly bought product....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hGU1
Beginner

I forgot that I try to disabled the IGFX in bios after I ask this question, while the problem is still the same.

No vegaM!!!!!!! So I just paid 1200+ usd for a NUC without discrete graphics am I?????:((((((((

LeonWaksman
Super User

Download the Intel drivers from here (after selecting Windows 10 64 bit): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126141/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK . Install all drivers manually.

This is your Intel Graphic driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28205/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-t... Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK, NUC8i7HVK

This is Radeon Graphic driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28194/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-b... Download Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK, NUC8i7HVK

Both drivers should be installed. Install the drivers manually even if you will see message that newer version is installed already.

My advice is to install all the latest drivers from Intel site.

Leon

hGU1
Beginner

DEAR Leon

You are mine savior tonight, thx a lot!! Problem solved after I manully installed the Radeon graphic driver.

idk if you are an intel intel employee, and I have to make a feed back about the poor guildiance of the support website.

The download adress of radeon draphic driver you gave me can't be found directly. I downloaded the Intel GFX driver before this question and it did not play any role.

I have to accept that the idea of Driver&support-assistant itself is great and useful, but when it fails why cant it directly show all the drivers available for mine device? (you can just simply add a button like 'show all the available drivers of this device' to avoid the issue just happened to me)

LeonWaksman
Super User

Dear chairlegu ,

I'm glad that your problem Is solved. No, I'm not an Itnel's employee, rather I'm community member like you are. About the Driver & Support assistant I agree that can be improved, however in my opinion the documentation and links on Intel's side are good. You may also "google"" NUC8i7HNK downloads and you will be forwarded to the driver's download page.

Regards

Leon