cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

NUC8i7HNK2 does not boot

Jump to solution

I just bought NUC8i7HNK and installed 16GB of Ballistix Sport 2666 RAM and 1TB Samsung 970 Evo SSD.

I connected my HP LP2475w to one of the DP ports and Logitech k750 keyboard and m705 mouse through Unifyng reveiver in one of the back USB 3.0 ports and, of course, the power brick.

I press the power button, the rightmost led becomes solid green and... nothing happens. THe monitor says his DP input is inactive.

After a while the NUC turns itself off and on again.

I tried with also with the HDMI output, is the same.

I have a USB pendrive with windows 10 ready for Windows installation.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MUebe
Novice

I also use a NUC8i7HNK2 w/ a Samsung 970 Evo SSD, but with different SO-DIMMs. When the machine did not work at first, I went back a step, removed both SO-DIMMs and the M.2 SSD and re-inserted a single SO-DIMM afterwards which did the trick (i.e., somehow, at least one of the components must not have been fastened correctly at first). From there on, I re-inserted the other two components one piece at a time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I forgot to mention the monitor, the keyboard and mouse work fine when connected to my Dell XPS laptop

I tried also with the front and back HDMI ports to my TV

MUebe
Novice

I also use a NUC8i7HNK2 w/ a Samsung 970 Evo SSD, but with different SO-DIMMs. When the machine did not work at first, I went back a step, removed both SO-DIMMs and the M.2 SSD and re-inserted a single SO-DIMM afterwards which did the trick (i.e., somehow, at least one of the components must not have been fastened correctly at first). From there on, I re-inserted the other two components one piece at a time.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

You were right. It looks the RAM slots are too hard at the beginning. The second time I tried everything was fine. In fact I'm writing this from the NUC.

Thank you very much..