Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGrov1
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK - 2 rapidly/constant blinking lights in front = brick

NUC was working fine for about a week, came home today and I just see two rapidly/constant blinking lights in front. Tried everything I've read and can think of to troubleshoot..still nothing.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Is Power Button LED illuminated? Which two LEDs are blinking.
  2. Do you see the Intel Logo and F2, F7, F10 menu?
  3. Please remove one of the SODIMMs and power ON your NUC with one SODIMM at time.

Leon

CGrov1
Beginner

No Power LED.

Two small leds (out of 3) next to the power button.

No Logo or display.

Did the Sodimm trick.

RPete12
New Contributor I

Have you tried disconnecting the CMOS battery for 20/30 seconds?

CGrov1
Beginner

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Try to disconnect the Power Cable and the connector of CMOS battery and reconnect after 15 minutes at least. Try to use other Power Supply.
  2. If after reconnecting the CMOS battery the situation remains the same, you should ask in the place where you bought your NUC, replace it with a new one.
  3. In case that your can't return your NUC to the seller, you may address an RMA request to Intel Service.

4. You may fill a form (here: https://supporttickets.intel.com/servicecenter), but it is best to contact Intel Customer Support using phone. Use the links below to find the closest phone number for your country:

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

I would also recommend to remove the SSD drive and to see if without drive installed you can see the Intel logo and menu after power ON. If you can, means that the SSD failed.

Leon

CGrov1
Beginner

I removed everything internal that I could, still the same result.

Thanks

LeonWaksman
Super User

So, in this case you should to replace your NUC either by local supplier or ask Intel service for RMA. See my post above for details.

Leon

CGrov1
Beginner

Thanks for all your help, I'm going that route and sending it back to where I purchased it from.