cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandS
Novice

NUC8i7HVK Black screen after playing a game

Jump to solution

Hi i have a NUC8i7HVK with a BENQ HDMI senseye monitor. When I finish playing a game like Wolfenstein or Crysis 2 the screen turns black. The screen seems locked and even the power button on the monitor will not switch it off . I can turn the NUC off and back on and it boots up but still the display is black. The only way I can get the screen back is to pull out the monitor power plug and plug it back in.

My NUC has all the latest drivers and I am using BIOS 040. Apart from this the NUC is working perfectly.

Is this a NUC problem or a monitor problem? Any help much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Although you have not the monitor P/N, I believe that there is some LED indicator on it. While the the display goes black, is this LED illuminated (what is its color)?

2. Is the resolution of the game you are playing, adjusted to the resolution that your monitor is set (or can display)?

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Although you have not the monitor P/N, I believe that there is some LED indicator on it. While the the display goes black, is this LED illuminated (what is its color)?

2. Is the resolution of the game you are playing, adjusted to the resolution that your monitor is set (or can display)?

Leon

View solution in original post

SandS
Novice

Thanks Leon

As soon as I adjusted the game resolution to the same as the monitor 1920X1080 , all went perfectly.

Many thanks again