cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

NUC8i7HVK - Boot delay after power on and no BIOS entry instructions

Jump to solution

I've noticed a couple of issues on my NUC that may be nothing, but seem strange nonetheless:

1. There is a roughly 8-10 delay between when I press the power button on the NUC and when the display shows the initial boot screen (and USB peripherals get powered up).

2. The initial boot screen shows "Intel NUC" and a couple of squares in the upper right hand corner of the display with the labels "Setup" and "BBS", but that's it. There are no instructions that say "Press F2 to enter BIOS" or anything like that - the screen is blank other than the "Intel NUC", "Setup", and "BBS" text

Are the above issues normal? The NUC is otherwise fully operational, and so the issues seem harmless, but it seems strange that the boot screen wouldn't give the user some guidance about how to get in to the BIOS, and the long power on delay between display initialization seems excessive compared to other motherboards I have used.

Thanks!

-Robert

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

1. 8 to 10 seconds delay till you see the Intel logo is normal.

2. If you want to see the F2, F7, F10 menu during boot, you need to disable Secure Boot in Bios. It is set to On in Bios default settings. To enter Bios settings, press F2 from Power Button Menu. You may enter Bios from Windows Advanced Menu.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Yes, that exactly how mine works.

What kind of boot drive are you using, and depending on your answer, may be the source of boot delays.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. 8 to 10 seconds delay till you see the Intel logo is normal.

2. If you want to see the F2, F7, F10 menu during boot, you need to disable Secure Boot in Bios. It is set to On in Bios default settings. To enter Bios settings, press F2 from Power Button Menu. You may enter Bios from Windows Advanced Menu.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Mike, Leon,

Thank you both for your replies! It's good to know the boot behavior on my NUC is normal...

-Robert

0 Kudos