Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK Fan Rattle

I purchased a brand new NUC8i7HVK today and while installing the OS I noticed there is a fan noise a certain RPMs that sounds like a rattle or bad bearing. What steps do I need to take to get this fixed? Very disappointing to have an issue out of such an expensive computer.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello CAdam19, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Please, try the following: 1- Inspect the fan to check if something is obstructing the fan. 2- Try to clean the radiators with compressed air. 3- Undo any hardware or BIOS changes. 4- Inspect for signals of physical damage Also, let us know the following information:RAM part number and BIOS version installed. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The unit does not have any thing visible that I can tell obstructing the fan and the radiators are clean (the unit has only been one for a few hours, its brand new!). The noise itself is present when the fan speed is around 2000-2100 RPM and sounds like a bad bearing or fan blade rubbing, but I do not hear it at other speeds.

BIOS HNKBLi70.86A.0053.2018.1217.1739, INTEL - 35

RAM Bank 0 Part Number CT8G4SFS824A.C8FDD1

RAM Bank 2 Part Number CT8G4SFS824A.C8FDD1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

This cli​p may help you to understand how to reach the blowers https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fiePyi6Xu0

You may also unplug each blower separatelly.

Leon​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I dont want the void the warranty, the NUC literally has about 5 hours runtime on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

AmyC, it appears to be the FAN 1 which is the right-most fan on the unit if looking from the top of the unit with the front ports facing your body.

0 Kudos