cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDemi
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK - Green light blinking

Jump to solution

It seems I have a trouble with my new nuc..

Usually lights on front panel looks like this:

Power LED - blue

first indicator : red blinks (mostly only when i record something on ssd)

second indicator - no any lights

third indicator - always green.

However, today when I turned on my nuc, second indicator now constantly blinking with green light. So now i have now 2 green lights on front panel and middle one constantly blinking with 1 second delay. I've changed nothing in my system in the last days, there is no info about this blink code online and i don't know what this means and what i should I do with my nuc in this situatuition.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello D3xter

Thank you for joining this community

I understand that you have questions regarding the LED light behavior on your Intel® NUC NUC8i7HVK.

In this case, a blinking light (depending on the pattern that is shown) could indicate different issues on your unit, as an example 3 blinks , on-off (1.0 second each) three times, then 2.5-second pause (off) means a Memory error. The pattern repeats until the computer is powered off.

You can check more of these lights status here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005854/mini-pcs.html?_ga=2.224773658.108... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005854/mini-pcs.html?_ga=2.224773658.108...

However based on the brief description of your case, we do not really think that you are experiencing any hardware issues.

Based on your report, your machine is running all the latest updates too.

While we look for more information for this blinking light, can please go ahead and load he defaults on the BIOS settings and let us know that makes the LED blinks disappear?

In case that you do not know how to do it, you just need to restart your machine and after posting please press the F2 key to access the BIOS.

Once that you are there press F9 to load defaults and F10 to save them; after that just let your machine boot as it usually does and then please monitor the light's behavior.

I hope to hear from you soon, please let us know the outcome.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello D3xter

Thank you for joining this community

I understand that you have questions regarding the LED light behavior on your Intel® NUC NUC8i7HVK.

In this case, a blinking light (depending on the pattern that is shown) could indicate different issues on your unit, as an example 3 blinks , on-off (1.0 second each) three times, then 2.5-second pause (off) means a Memory error. The pattern repeats until the computer is powered off.

You can check more of these lights status here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005854/mini-pcs.html?_ga=2.224773658.108... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005854/mini-pcs.html?_ga=2.224773658.108...

However based on the brief description of your case, we do not really think that you are experiencing any hardware issues.

Based on your report, your machine is running all the latest updates too.

While we look for more information for this blinking light, can please go ahead and load he defaults on the BIOS settings and let us know that makes the LED blinks disappear?

In case that you do not know how to do it, you just need to restart your machine and after posting please press the F2 key to access the BIOS.

Once that you are there press F9 to load defaults and F10 to save them; after that just let your machine boot as it usually does and then please monitor the light's behavior.

I hope to hear from you soon, please let us know the outcome.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

View solution in original post

KDemi
Beginner

Thanks for reply, Diego.

Problem was solved after bios reset. However, I didn't touched anything in the bios before this blinking light appeared.

Neil, I didn't instailed led manager yeat. That why I was puzzled.. I thought this was a signal about problems with ssd or memory.

Neil.S
NStei5
Novice

any chance you installed led manager and made some changes there?