Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

NUC8i7HVK Hades Canyon new RX Vega M graphics driver?

Do we have any timeline when new driver will be released? Last one is from February (AMD version from December 18). AMD put some nice features in this year drivers so I am wondering when will be new version released? Or is RX Vega M kind of End Of Support and we will not see further driver updates?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

I've installed the latest Adrenalin driver on my NUC8i7HVK. Have not observed any problems: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-6...

Leon

Highlighted

Hello PVojt,

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated.

We cannot provide information about driver releases for Intel® Products unless they are publicly available. However, what we can do is document your feedback and pass it on the proper department.

As recommended on this thread, using a generic driver for the discrete graphics is an option, but we cannot guarantee that it will work as expected.

It is worth mentioning that graphics drivers for Intel® NUC products are customized to ensure functionality.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I've encountered issues with newer Adrenalin drivers, including choppy streamed video after waking from sleep.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JNels3,

Thank you for your feedback. We recommend using the drivers validated for Intel® NUC products.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I installed 19.6.3 about a week or so ago, and haven't had any issues......Back in Dec 2018 I ran a Passmark BenchMark and got almost 7200 on the 3D Mark......I ran it yesterday and got 2600 points less on these 19.6.3 drivers......I'm going to un-install them and get the latest Intel driver and run Passmark again to see what's up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

The latest Adrenalin driver package version is 19.7.2.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I tried AMD driver. Web-Installer didn't find RX Vega M GH. I tried to download full package for Polaris based line (RX580) and to be honest to my surprise it works. I haven't tested it much but at least video is playing and 3DMark working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

You may want to review this thread regarding AMD graphics for Hades Canyon:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/8I7HNK-8I7HVK-Hades-Canyon-quot-Radeon-RX-Vega-M-quot-Manu...

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos