cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMoos
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK LED Manager bugs and requests

First a couple of minor bugs I've encountered:

1 - right clicking the tray icon to disable all sometimes doesn't work the first time. Also usually they all stay off but the 3rd front LED comes back on eventually, I have it set to CPU usage 1 colour.

2 - if I have a saved profile loaded and then change a colour, I can't reload the profile to undo the changes, the program has to be closed and restarted then it works.

A couple of questions I have:

1 - what exactly are the S0 and S3 tabs? The manual says they're power states, so is S3 for sleep / hibernate or something?

2 - where are saved profiles stored?

Also can we please get some more options, adding a menu to the tray icon to allow changing profiles would be really useful. When I've finished using the PC I like to turn the skull off but keep the front lights on, currently I have to disable all then bring the program up and load a profile when I come back. Being able to change profiles via command line might be useful too, or some other way of automating it using something like AutoHotkey.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

idata
Community Manager

Hello mooseman84,

Thanks for submitting this question on our Intel Communities.

In the following link you will be able to download the LED Manager for Intel® NUC User Guide which will let you know how to export/import saved profiles https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/LED-Manager-User-Guide.p... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/LED-Manager-User-Guide.p...

I submitted your requests as feedback to the appropriate support group so they can take it into consideration, but I cannot guarantee the features will be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Fred D.
idata
Community Manager

Hello mooseman84,

I was wondering if you have any other question regarding the LED Manager. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.