Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
11779 Discussions

NUC8i7HVK + LED Manager error

URatt
Beginner

Whenever I try to run the LED Manager in Windows 10 Home, I get an error: "Error getting the status of the LEDs." I have version 1.2.1.19174 of LED Manager, I've run the Intel Support Assistant and everything is up to date, including the BIOS (default settings except for RAID configuration).

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

The latest version on LED Manager is ver 1.2.2 : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27641/NUCs-LED-Manager-for-Intel-NUC?product=126143 . So, better update this application. Before using it, ensure that in the bios setting, Software LED Control Enabled field is checked.

Leon

TomTiddler
Beginner

Just installed version 1.2.3, and now I get the "Error getting status ...." message on startup. Uninstalled, re-installed 1.1.1 and it works fine. NUC 'HADES Canyon' running Windows 11.

Help??

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I just installed 1.2.3 on my Win11-based HV NUC. I am not seeing this issue. Are you running the latest BIOS? If you uninstall, reboot and then install 1.2.3 again, does the problem repeat?

...S

TomTiddler
Beginner

Speccy says the follwing

BIOS
Brand Intel Corp.
Version HNKBLi70.86A.0067.2021.0528.1339
Date 2021-05-28

AFAK this is the latest BIOS

The computer/motherboard is 

HADES Canyon NUC with AMD RX Vega G graphics

Manufacturer Intel Corporation
Model NUC8i7HVB (U3E1)
Version J68196-600
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Kaby Lake
Chipset Revision 05
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model HM175
Southbridge Revision 31

and YES, I did uninstall, reboot, and install again. Still fails.

AlHill
Super User

@TomTiddler Why are you still using SPECCY, a product that has not been updated in more than 3 years?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

TomTiddler
Beginner

Respectfully, WTF does this have to do with the problem under discussion?

AlHill
Super User

@TomTiddler Respectively, watch your language.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

n_scott_pearson

Ok, let's see what is different from a software standpoint. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select *all* data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

TomTiddler
Beginner

Thanx @n_scott_pearson, the SSU file is attached

n_scott_pearson

Here's what I am seeing in the report (comparing to my HV):

1. Your system is booting in Legacy mode, not UEFI. I thought UEFI was required for NVMe support.
  2. Your Intel HD Graphics driver is same version as mine, but yours is showing support for DX 11.x whereas mine is 12???
  3. You do not seem to have the Chipset Device Software package installed (chipset id is not available).

Does any of this have to do with the problem being encountered? I am not sure. Intel Customer Support will need to look closer at this...

...S

TomTiddler
Beginner

I’ll have another look at BIOS settings. Can’t imagine why it’s been set to Legacy. I’ll get back to you tomorrow. This system doesn’t actually use the Intel Graphics, the AMD Radeon Vega M is the only adapter used in a HADES Canyon. The Intel graphics just happens to be on the CPU chip.

Thanx

Ian

TomTiddler
Beginner

Checked the BIOS, it is set to UEFI (and I have several NVME devices all working correctly). Don't know why the SSU says otherwise. DSA says I have the latest drivers for Intel Graphics 630, AMD RX Vega is running DX12 as expected. Since I don't knowingly use the Intel Graphics for anything, I'm guessing the dx11 anomaly doesn't cause any impact, even though it's weird

Ian

n_scott_pearson

While it is true that the dGFX engine owns all of the outputs, the iGFX engine is still used to support transcoding, etc. I agree not a concern, but I found it strange that we could have the same driver version installed and it said DX12 for me and DX11.x for you.

...S