Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMorg4
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK (LED has stopped to work)

I own this NUC for about a month and eveything was fine until now.

Today, when I turned on my nuc, almost all the led lights didn't worked. Even the light on power button and skull.

I've tried to reset bios but no luck.

For some reason the only lights that currently working are first two on the front panel. I can turned them on and off in the led manager, but other lights not react on any settings.

I've never updated bios in my nuc and didn't not installed any new software in the last weak.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello m3lted,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that LEDs on Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK stopped working. I would like to provide more information about this issue.

A few fixes for some issues regarding LEDs have been included in recent BIOS releases. Which BIOS version is currently installed on your Intel® NUC?

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility report and attach it to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-%3Fproduct%... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.

DMorg4
Beginner

Bios version HNKBLI70.86a.0029.2018.0222.1606

Info from Intel® System Support Utility attached below.

idata
Community Manager

Hello m3lted,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, our recommendation is that you can update your BIOS to a newer version.

You can try installing BIOS version 0040 first. As I was mentioning before, this one includes new fixes.

-Fixed the issue where the power button, skull or the eyes LEDs would work correctly when set to breathing.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27808/BIOS-Update-HNKBLi70-86A-

Then, you can install the latest BIOS version available 0048.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28038/BIOS-Update-HNKBLi70-86A-

BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® NUC

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28038/eng/NUC-BIOS-Update-Readme.pdf

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello m3lted,

Were you able to install the latest BIOS version available (0048) for your Intel® NUC?

We will be glad to assist you if you still need any assistance.

Wanner G.
PVojt
Novice

I have exactly same issue.

I upgraded to BIOS version v 48 and after some time (not immediately) Main LEDs stopped working.

Everything is dark now except small status LEDs for SSD activity etc.

I can adjust via BIOS or software just these LEDs. Everything else like skull or power button is dark and I can't change it.

I tried to upgrade to BIOS v49 and reset to default with no luck. Could it be HW issue?

idata
Community Manager

Hello PetanoCZ,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

This could be a hardware issue, but there are a few options we can verify.

First, make sure the Software LED control is enabled in BIOS: BIOS setup Menu > Devices > LED control tab > Software LED Control Enabled.

Second, it is possible that LED lights were disabled from the Tray Application, LED Manager for Intel® NUC. Please attach a picture of the settings you have applied to your Intel® NUC.

You can also check if the LED Manager for Intel® NUC Service is installed and running. Open the Services application and check under Services (Local) for LED Manager for Intel® NUC Service. If the service status is Stopped, attempt to Start the service.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello PetanoCZ,

I hope you found the information provided helpful.

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Wanner G.
PVojt
Novice

I already did suggested actions. However I managed to fix it accidentally.

During troubleshooting I removed powerplug just for few seconds with no improvement.

Two days ago I took unit to office and LEDs are recovered. It looks like leaving unit without power connected for few hours helped.

idata
Community Manager

Two days ago I took unit to office and LEDs are recovered. It looks like leaving unit without power connected for few hours helped.

Had the same happen last week only 2 led on front working all rest off or dimed to Zero, A reset of bios did not do squat to fix so unplugged unit for 15 minuets and this was enough time for it to reset the problem and all working again, and they has been good since looks like you need to do remove the power to have them working correctly once they stop working.