cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMare
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK - Monitor not waking up from sleep

Hello,

I am having a similar issue that another user has posted a few days ago about.

I have a dual monitor set up with an Intel NUC8i7HVK on Windows 10. All drivers are downloaded and updated from the Intel site.

One of the 2 monitors does not wake up from sleep or a reboot. None of the monitor's power or other physical buttons work, but when unplugged from power and restarted it connects well.

I tried:

Using different thunderbolt port, HDMI ports, uninstalling and reinstalling both - the Intel HD and the Radeon Rx drivers. This continues to be an issue.

Thank you for your help,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
PKull
Novice

Have you updated BIOS? I had the same issue until I updated to latest.

AMare
Beginner

Yea, the BIOS was previously updated. Has not changed the outcome.

idata
Community Manager

Although I do not have yet experienced this issue myself since I use it as HTPC and do not use Sleep, have you tried using BIOS recovery to update the BIOS

instead of using the UEFI or F7?

Also just wondering, is your Windows 10 the latest July build? It appeared the latest cumulative build fixes the sleep

issue according to some users. if not, I guess it is worth a shot trying.

You can check your build by typing "winver" command in Run to compare with Microsoft's build info using this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows-10/release-information Windows 10 release information

You can find the offline installer for the updates using Microsoft's update catalog link here in case your Windows Update doesn't update.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=cumulative%20update%201803 Microsoft Update Catalog

Hope they work for you.

idata
Community Manager

Hello PandasAreRare,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

As well we would like to know if you were able to follow xpandabl3's advise.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

AMare
Beginner

Unfortunately, my Windows 10 was the latest build, after I confirmed it per xpandabl3 advice. The Bios update did not work as well.

AlHill
Super User

In post # 2, you say the bios was updated, but in post # 5 you say the bios update did not work.

Which is it?

Doc

AMare
Beginner

What I meant is the updating Bios did not resolve the issue with the monitor.

AMare
Beginner

I tried plugging my monitor into a different computer (Mac) and this issue persists. I am now under assumption now that this issue is related to the monitor itself. Correct me if I am wrong.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, you're not wrong. I have a monitor (well, a 24" Seiko TV) that won't wake up via its VGA interface. Oddly enough, it wakes up fine via its HDMI interface (usually it's the other way around).

...S