Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VIvan8
Novice

NUC8i7HVK: No Legacy USB => no keyboard or mouse

I turned off Legacy USB in the BIOS (silly me) and I lost the keyboard or mouse. I could only recover by doing a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html BIOS Recovery.

So, don't turn of Legacy USB if you want to be able to use a keyboard and mouse!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello vgivanovic,

Thank you for contacting our community forums.

We highly appreciate your feedback as this may help other community peers that encounter the same issue.

I hope you have a great day.

Regards,

Diego S.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Are you using Windows 10 O.S.? This should not happen. USB Legacy allows USB support under non-USB-aware OSes. Disabling USB Legacy will not disable USB keyboards during BIOS POST, including BIOS SETUP. So, in Windows you can disable USB Legacy and you should be able to use mouse and keyboard. In O.Ses, not supporting USB, you should still be able to enter Bios during POST or from Power Button Menu. No need for bios recovery.

Leon

VIvan8
Novice

I stand corrected.My apologies.

I was having USB problems, and I didn't stop and consider the case that it was the problems that was causing the loss of USB. In fact, it should have been obvious to me that turning off Legacy USB was not the cause of my issues since the reason I turned Legacy USB was precisely that I was having problems. Duh.

Is there a way to delete a post so that others might not be led astray (and to save me embarassment)?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

LOL! Us folks who are more-regularly answering questions are often embarrassed by our own (sometimes stupid - Doh!) comments. Consider yourself part of the crowd...

...S