Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11308 Discussions

NUC8i7HVK Video Issues

SnowItch
Beginner

When I install both the AMD and Intel video drivers, I get an error message, and several programs (mostly photo editors) won't load.  If I delete the Intel driver, I no longer get the error message, and the programs that wouldn't load now do.

Removing the Intel driver leaves an exclamation in Device Manager.  

I've tried to install with many different versions of the AMD and Intel drivers - both installing Intel and AMD first.  

Is anyone else having this issue (doesn't seem to be reported in any forums).  Any thoughts on solving it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. I suggest that you should reinstall the Intel Graphics Driver, performing clean installation:

1.2 Please download the Intel DCH Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.100.8681

1.3. Disconnect the Internet and open the Device Manager. Right click Intel HD Graphics and then select Uninstall device. Check "Delete software..." option. 

1.4. Reboot NUC and check in Device Manager that you see now the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver in place of Intel Driver. If not, repeat para.1.3.

1.5. Install the previously downloaded Intel Graphics Driver version 8681.

1.6. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your NUC.

2. You may also want to update Windows from version 1909 to the latest version 20H2.

3. I suggest that you should update your BIOS to the latest version 0064 You may do this using express method: double click on HNKBLi70.86A.0064.EB.msi file and follow the instructions.

4. BTW, the AMD driver you have is the same version 19.12.1 I have installed.

5. Please check your NUC with the DisplayLink device disconnected. Please connect your NUC to the monitor directly with the video cable.

Leon

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

How are you installing all these amd drivers?  You will find that no amd driver after April 2020 will install "Normally".

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

SnowItch
Beginner

Yes, I ‘ve read the threads on the AMD Drivers (including how to install the newer drivers).  I’m currently running 19.12.11.  Same issue with 20.2.2. 

I’ve tried Several versions of the Intel drivers as well.

I’ve gone back and found the original drivers that shipped with my NUC – same issue.

I guess my real question at this point is if leaving the Intel driver uninstalled is going to create issues?

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @SnowItch 

I've NUC8i7HVK with both (Intel and AMD) drivers installed. I'm using without any problems Adobe Photoshop  CC 2015 and Pinnacle Studio 19.

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

SnowItch
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.  File attached.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. I suggest that you should reinstall the Intel Graphics Driver, performing clean installation:

1.2 Please download the Intel DCH Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.100.8681

1.3. Disconnect the Internet and open the Device Manager. Right click Intel HD Graphics and then select Uninstall device. Check "Delete software..." option. 

1.4. Reboot NUC and check in Device Manager that you see now the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver in place of Intel Driver. If not, repeat para.1.3.

1.5. Install the previously downloaded Intel Graphics Driver version 8681.

1.6. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your NUC.

2. You may also want to update Windows from version 1909 to the latest version 20H2.

3. I suggest that you should update your BIOS to the latest version 0064 You may do this using express method: double click on HNKBLi70.86A.0064.EB.msi file and follow the instructions.

4. BTW, the AMD driver you have is the same version 19.12.1 I have installed.

5. Please check your NUC with the DisplayLink device disconnected. Please connect your NUC to the monitor directly with the video cable.

Leon

View solution in original post

SnowItch
Beginner

Your solution worked... until I reattached the displaylink hub.  I'm trying to use a USB-C hub in order to reduce the number of cables that have to be disconnected when I travel with the NUC.  

Thanks again to all who took time to respond.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Could be compatibility problem with this HUB. You may check one of the devices verified for this NUC.

Leon