Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11980 Discussions

NUC8i7HVK boot loop after bios update

mathyas
Beginner
Hi, after I downloaded the new bios version (can't check which one) for my NUC8i7HVK and rebooted to install the bios it got stuck on the reboot. In the video attached you can see it tries to boot and turns off again, this get repeated time after time. I tried rebooting with the reboot jumper switched to 2 - 3, I pulled out the bios battery cable for 10 minutes, same result everytime. I can't enter power button mode. It's just stuck. Can someone please help me?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mathyas
Beginner
I used the bios jumper method wrong, shouldn't have put it on 2-3 but leave it empty. It's fixed now, sorry for this post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mathyas
Beginner
I used the bios jumper method wrong, shouldn't have put it on 2-3 but leave it empty. It's fixed now, sorry for this post.
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @mathyas

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

No problem, we are glad to know that you managed to solve this issue. Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback on how you fixed this problem; hopefully, it may help other community peers experiencing similar behavior.

Since the issue is fixed now, we will proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician