Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BHarr8
New Contributor III

NUC8i7HVK cannot create RAID with 2 800P

I made another thread in general NUC before I realized there was a specific section for the NUC8i7HVK.

The issue I am having is that there seems to be a bug in the visual BIOS (yes I updated to V40) that prevents 2 800P SSDs from remapping to RST.

When you attempt to this is what happens:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BHarr8
New Contributor III

When in RST, this is how the 2 drives are listed.

The top pic is RAID on + remapping off.

The bottom pic is RAID on + remapping on.

Notice how with remapping off RST sees both controllers correctly but with remapping on both drives end up on the same controller and only one drive gets assigned a port?

I have a strong suspicion that this is due to the 2X lanes that these drives run on. I believe that the first 4X lane mistakenly gets split up to cover both 2X drives making RAID impossible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

idata
Community Manager

Hello, nosirrahx. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

I can see that you are being assisted by Leonardo on the thread: /thread/125927 https://communities.intel.com/thread/125927

Please keep monitoring that thread, we will keep updating it.

Antony S.
JLi86
Beginner

How does it work now? It's a hardware problem or some kind software bug? I just bought it for a few days,and now I have the same issue. Do I need to return this one and buy a new one?