Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IDuan1
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK crash down and reboot only with with a green LED

My NUC8i7HVK did a very good job before. after i pluged in an eink book( i v used it before for several times), then i noticed that NUC crashed, couldnt resp to key and mouse. then i press the power button 4 sec to shut it down, and then reboot. But after that ,the NUC only lights up the green LED , the toper LED, and the fans, but no output signal for screen , no "Intel NUC" shows up as usual, no sounds for ear phone, no resp to key and mouse, only can be shut down by pressing the power button for 4 sec. And i v unpluged the BIOS battery connector for 15 mins , removed the BIOS sec switcher , reboot, and removed memory cards, SSD cards, reboot, all the same. what can i do with it now? can any hero help me? so depressed ...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. It is not clear for me what event caused the NUC failure? Can you explain better?
  2. What happens when you power your NUC, with Yellow Security Jumper remover and SSD removed? After 30 -60 seconds you should see Configuration Menu (see the attached image).

Leon

configurationMenu.jpg

IDuan1
Beginner

tks,​

1. Actually, i dont know what event caused the failure, the last thing was that i pluged in a kindle like device with USB., But , that was happened after i left the NUC turned on for hours, when i came back to continue work with the NUC , i pluged in the device first , then noticed that the NUC had no response (but the screen was still showing the desktop), so i m not sure whether the NUC had crashed down before the pluging process or after it .
  2. i v tried again , removed the yellow jumper, SSD, restored the memory, power on ,but stll no signal out for the display screen, i v waited for a pretty long time, cant see the configuration menu, i v tried HDMI and DP. i m sure the display screen and the wires are all good for work.
IDuan1
Beginner

Was the BIOS damaged? can i restore it , and how?

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. I don't know if the Bios was corrupted or it is hardware failure
  2. I suggest that first try to operate your NUC with only one SO DIMM at time. First remove the upper SO DIMM and check if there is a change. Then remove the SO DIMM from the bottom slot and reinstall the SO DIMM removed from upper slot back to this slot.
  3. If still your NUC is not working (i.e. the problem is not from the failed SO DIMM), you may try "Blind" Bios Recovery with the Security Jumper Removed method:
  4.  Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios file HN0059.bio . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.
  5. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the upper cover and the LED panel from your NUC. Disconnect the LED panel connector before panel removing.
  6. Remove the yellow security jumper (see the Technical Product Spec, para. 2.2.3.4, page 46 ) 
  7. Insert the USB with the HN0059.bio file into front right USB port with yellow color.
  8. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
  9. When bios recovery is completed (about 5 minutes), switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2). Reinstall the LED panel and the upper cover.
  10. Reconnect the Power Adapter and power ON your NUC.

Leon

IDuan1
Beginner

Tks for ur patient, i v tried every step in ur instruction ,but the NUC still has no response to the screen , i have to give up , and ask for the after-sales service .

Esteban_D_Intel

Hello IDuan1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to further investigate this for you, so I will send a private message

requesting some personal information in order to find a resolution for this.  

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

IDuan1
Beginner

Esteban_D_Intel

Hello all,

We are currently investigating this situation. We will get back to the community as soon as we have any update

Esteban D. 

Esteban_D_Intel

Hello all,

This issue has been resolved by working directly with the community post originator, if your system is experiencing the same behavior please contact Intel Customer Support.

Feel free to reference this post once you reach out to Intel Customer Support.

Esteban D.