Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMäen
New Contributor I

NUC8i7HVK got alerted for new Radeon driver (25.20.14011.5005) but it appears to be the old/current driver

I have NUC8i7HVK aka Hades Canyon NUC. I've installed all the necessary drivers and Intel Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA) confirmed that everything was up-to-date. However, today I noticed that said software alerted me of an available update for Radeon Graphics Driver. I wanted to double-check so I headed to NUC8i7HVK support page. There were no new drivers available based on the time stamps. Weird.

I then looked closer at the IDSA info on the update. It mentions that the installed Radeon Graphics Driver version is 24.20.11026.2001 (which I confirmed via Windows Device Manager) and the update is for 25.20.14011.5005. I decided to download the upgrade and install it. The installer then informed me that my current Radeon Graphics Driver version is 18.9.1 and the upgrade version is 18.9.1 as in the exact same driver. I then proceeded to install this version anyway thinking that it would force the 25.20.14011.5005 version appear on Device Manager. Wrong. After the upgrade process it was still at 24.20.11026.2001.

Questions...

1) Why did IDSA all of a sudden inform me of this update even though no such update appears on the NUC's support page?

2) Why do both my current and the update driver appear as version 18.9.1/24.20.11026.2001 when IDSA is telling me that the update is for 25.20.14011.5005?

3) Does anyone actually have 25.20.14011.5005 appear in Windows Device Manager instead of 24.20.11026.2001?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JMäen Thank you for posting in the Intel Community and reporting this behavior, allow me to investigate the issue, in the meantime please provide me with the following information. • If you complete the scan of the system once again with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) do you have the same diver update request? Please attach a picture of the scan result. • Please provide me with the log files from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA (you might have to select option view hidden items). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JMäen
New Contributor I

Thank you for the reply. I went to scan the system with DSA and received a notification of a DSA update. Did this update and scanned the system. It's now showing I have three updates available: Radeon Graphics driver, Bluetooth driver and, curiously enough, BIOS. When click to see info on the BIOS update, it tells me that my current version is 0053 and the update version is 0053. Moreover, both the Radeon driver and Bluetooth driver aren't shown as being updated recently (I downloaded and installed all of these drivers a few weeks ago when I received the PC). Clearly the DSA isn't working properly. I would also like to mention that I did uninstall DSA (including the registry files using a 3rd party uninstaller), restarte and reinstalled DSA but it's still showing the three updates even though my system should be up-to-date.

Could you advise what are the names of the log files? I can find the folder and have enabled hidden items but cannot see any 'log files'.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JMäen Thank you for the information. Could you try the following? Make sure that your operating system is up to date for that go to: • Windows settings. • Update and security. • Scan for available updates. • Uninstall the existing IDSA tool in the system with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller). • Download and install the latest IDSA version from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824. Complete the scan of the system and provide me with a screenshot of the scan result. If you still have the sane behavior please provide me with a ZIP file of the folder DSA located on C:\ProgramData\Intel. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JMäen I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to complete the steps advised? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JMäen
New Contributor I

Thank you for getting back to me. I've tried all the steps you've mention to no avail. DSA is still giving me three updates that I either already have installed (like BIOS 0053) or that do not exist in NUC8i7HVK support downloads. As attachment you'll find the zipped DSA folder you asked for.

Beginner

I have exactly the same problem...

CLau12
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem...x2

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello everybody. Thank you all for reporting the behavior, I tested this behavior on my end with a Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK and I was able to replicate it, allow me to investigate this and will be posting back when news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JMäen
New Contributor I

OP here. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up... A new Intel DSA update has been released. I uninstalled the old DSA version (also deleting the registry stuff as I used a 3rd party uninstaller which does a leftover scan) and installed this new version. I did a scan and now the result is back to being 'up-to-date' as in the way it should be (according to what's available at NUC8i7HVK support/downloads). So I recommend everyone to install this newest Intel DSA version so that you don't get false update notifications.

CLau12
Beginner

The new DSA work fine now, thanks. But when will the new Radeon driver (25.20.14011.5005) be launched for download?

Diver5050
Novice

Just a precautionary FYI; there IS an updated Radeon driver app (v18.12.2) available for download on this site that claims to be compatible with Intel 8th generation processors with Radeon M. In a different thread an Intel support person referred people to it. HOWEVER, it is not specifically designated compatible with Intel NUC8i7HVK and I had some very obvious issues after installing that went away as soon as I rolled back to v18.9.1. So def wait untli you see a version published here that is designated NUC kit compatible.

Diver5050
Novice

I uninstalled DSA, then went to \Program Files\Intel\ and deleted the DSA folder, re-booted, then downloaded and re-installed DSA and now it seems to be working correctly (i.e., not asking me to update drivers that don't need updates).

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello everyone. Thank all for letting us know the issue is resolved from installing the latest IDSA. Bear in mind that we recommend to use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller (DSA Uninstaller) to remove IDSA instead of deleting folders and editing the registry. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller For Intel® NUCs, we recommend installing the latest drivers available from the Downloads and Software link found on the main ARK page: https://ark.intel.com/products/126143/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HVK Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation