Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLill2
Novice

NUC8i7HVK4 Display issues

I have just setup a NUC8i7HVK4 with Windows 10 1903 and have installed all the updates that I can find for the NUC. I have the NUC connected to three SAMSUNG QM49H professional Displays. The displays will come on and display for a second and then go off when using the mini dvi on the NUC.

When using HDMI its fine.

Any ideas?

7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I keep seeing users reporting problems with Samsung displays.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

How were you connecting the monitors when using mDP connectors?

I have been using the Rear HDMI and the two USB-C (with DVI dongles). I found that my mDP adapters (and I have four different kinds that I tried) do not stay seated in the mDP connectors. Wiggling will get them working, but the second I let go of the cable they snow back up or blank out.

I was blaming this on having an Engineering Sample, but maybe it is a consistent flaw.

...S

LeonWaksman
Super User

I have not observed any problems with the DP connectors on my NUC. I'm using those connectors in my setup.

Are you using high speed DP cable? This is an example: https://www.amazon.com/ivanky-DisplayPort-Braided-Display-Compatible/dp/B078HVDMW2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=H...

Leon

MLill2
Novice

Thanks for your input people.

Ok, a small bit of progress. I have added minidp to hdmi converters at the NUC end. This has enabled the displays to stay up at least. The software I am trying to display is HIK Central (CCTV Software) There is a setting in the software where I can switch from CPU to GPU, doing this causes a DLL error in the HIK Central software on the higher resolution cameras (4 mega pixel and above). Using CPU runs the CPU to nearly 100%. (I bought the NUC's so I could use the GPU's.) Could it be that the latest AMD Raedon drivers for the NUC arent playing nicely with the HIKCentral Software. Dll Error reads Live View failed.Errorcode: Control Client, Playctrl.dll [16]. I'll be posting this on the HIK Vision forum.

Alberto_R_Intel

MLill2, I just wanted to check if a solution was provided on the HIK Vision forum and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

MLill2
Novice

Unfortunately, it would appear that the INTEL NUC just does not have enough GPU processing power to do what I need it to do. :( So I am going to have to get a full sized box with a 2080 type video card.

Alberto_R_Intel

MLill2, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

We are sorry to hear that the Intel® NUC did not work for the purpose you need it to, hopefully, the full-sized box will work as you expected.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel