Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor III

NUC9i9QNX and Intel Driver & Support Assistant issue.

Jump to solution

I just got my NUC9i9QNX and set it up with a 2060 and 16GB of DDR3200. Everything installed on 20H2 without a hitch aside from Intel's IME driver through Intel's Driver & Support Assistant.

For some reason Intel's Driver & Support Assistant reports that the IME driver is out of date no matter what. If you allow the install it seems to work but immediately reports that the driver is out of date. All future attempts result in the option to repair or remove the IME driver. Repair does literally nothing. Remove does remove it but the next install puts you right back to Intel's Driver & Support Assistant reporting that the driver is out of date.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @BHarr8 ,

Intel Customer Service @Monique_Intel  is now informed about your question. 

Leon

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @BHarr8 

1. There is a list of exclusion for Intel DSA.

2. I suggest that you download and install the Intel® Chipset Device Software and then the Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver

3. Reboot your computer and run the Intel DSA for recheck.

4. FYI, this is the download page with all the required software for your NUC. Please verify that your BIOS is updated to version 0034

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

This is a bug report.

I obviously already did all of the troubleshooting steps.

I had all of the drivers installed before I double checked with DSA.

The NUC9i9QNX comes with the only BIOS available already installed.

Highlighted
Super User

Hi @BHarr8 ,

Intel Customer Service @Monique_Intel  is now informed about your question. 

Leon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Cool, easy enough to repro and fortunately not a serious bug, just a very minor inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

@Monique_C_Intel 

I dug into this a bit more myself and may have found the issue.

When running DSA it reports that the current IME is version 1914.12.0.1256 and the newer version it wants to install is version 1923.12.0.1278.

I also confirmed in device manager that TeeDriverW8x64.sys is version 1914.12.0.1256.

I was able to locate IME driver version 1923.12.0.1278 here :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29286/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Windows-...

I began taking this driver package apart until I located TeeDriverW8x64.sys. Its version information is clearly listed as version 1914.12.0.1256.

This does appear to be the cause of the install loop. DSA is expecting IME to be updated to version 1923.12.0.1278 but the 1923.12.0.1278 driver package contains version 1914.12.0.1256. of TeeDriverW8x64.sys.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi! Has this issue been fixed? I'm encountering the same issue.

@BHarr8: Did you discover a solution, or just a bug? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I really don't count on Intel support anymore honestly. I went to station-drivers.com, found a later version of IME and installed it.

Problem solved.

Seriously, look above where I literally explained the problem and what was causing it. No replies, they don't care.

0 Kudos