I am having trouble finding a BIOS for this PC. The bios it has at the moment is from 2017 and I am told there is a security update - problem is I can't find it.
Can anyone post a link to it,
I'm assuming that you have NUC5i7RYH. If I'm right the latest BIOS for your NUC is version 0386, dated 5 Jul 2022. Since you are doing a big jump from you old BIOS, I suggest that you should update you BIOS in two steps:
1. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows. Download the RY0386.bio file. Copy the RY0386.bio file to the root of this USB.
2. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom panel from your NUC.
3. Remove the Yellow Bios Security Jumper. (page 50 in Technical Product Specification)
5. Insert the USB with the RY0386.bio file into rear USB slot.
6. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
7. When bios recovery is completed, press and hold the Power Button to switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Remove the USB and reinstall the bottom panel.
8. Power your NUC ON.
9. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
10. Press F9(followed by Enter), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by Enter), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.
1. Insert the USB with the RY0386.bio file into rear USB slot (your NUC should be OFF)
2. Power ON you NUC and when you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatedly click on F7. NUC will boot into storage menu. You should select your USB stick (mass storage device) and then the RY0386.bio file. Click enter the update will start and end during 2-3 minutes.
3. When update ends, the NUC will reboot.
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.
Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for your understanding.
Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.
Intel Customer Support Technician