Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rree
Beginner

NUCi8BEH HDR support missing? I remember that previous driver with HDR option enable in windows 1809. But lately it just missing.

If uninstall the display driver,. But once install to latest driver, this option missing again....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rree
Beginner

I have a answer for this...

My tv did not turn on the UHD color(his was due to I unplug the HDMI cable, by reconnecting it, the UHD color is missing for Samsung TV)

Manually turn on the TV UHD color feature back, windows will detect the color depth to 8bit plus FRC panel. Hence HD color appear in windows 10.

Just in case for those using Samsung UHD tv, this is the BKM by fixing it.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

That's good to know, thanks.

I have a couple of Samsung 40" 4K TVs (UN40KU6290 and UN40MU6290) and I use one of these as the main monitor on my development PC. I had noticed the HDR setting disappear from time to time, but never figured out why this occurred. I also have a 4K HDMI KVM between the PC and TV so that I can also test NUCs with this setup and it (now) makes sense that exercising this switch could cause HDR support to be disabled in the TV.

...S

Rree
Beginner

​Hi scott, nice to hear from you again, seems like you are the supporter in this forum :)

I think Samsung FW code have this behaviors, after reconnect the HDMI cable, after initialize the device, UHD HDR color will off by default (user need to manual enable it back)

Do hope that other can share the UHD HDR behavior here from other manufacture. intel should collect all these information and place it in a knowledge base URL for reference.

Side question, I have another Viewsonic monitor with 8 bit + FRC panel (10bit):

1) In windows 10, it detect as 8 bit panel only???

2) But in AMD/NVIDIA control panel, it show is it a 10 bit panel. Did not try on Intel display as I don't this the display control panel will tell rather it is a 8 bit or 10 bit panel...

Wonder how can I make Windows 10 detect it as 10 bit? Can we enable 10 bit color in OSD(any viewsonic user can help here) or how to make windows 10 detect it as 10 bit?

Thanks

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is beyond my ken. The ICS folks will be needed here (and I think they'll likely have to consult the graphics team for an answer).

I wonder: Does Viewsonic publish an INF file (they sometimes refer to these as "drivers") for this monitor? This may add the missing information...

...S

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Rree, The standard color depth that Windows* uses is 8-bit. In some applications, the color depth will change automatically depending on the content being displayed. Also, the driver will automatically switch to 10-bit when: a) It detects a Display that is 10-bit capable and b) A Full Screen DirectX* application that is 10-bit is launched. As stated in this thread, we recommend looking for firmware updates / drivers for your monitor. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation