Intel® NUCs
Assistance in Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience has changed to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12977 Discussions

Need much faster CPU compared to NUC8i5

BirdingPix
Beginner

I currently am using Intel NUC 8i5 BEK with Ubuntu and C++ with 4K IP camera connected via RTSP.  It is working, and I am using OpenCV with Gstreamer VAAPI, but I need more CPU processing speed, as my frames-per-second rate is not fast enough when running all my frame processing to detect motion and bounding-boxes etc.  

I want to make sure that my program is using the Intel NUC built-in hardware h.264 decoder and encoder (using OpenVINO), and have enough CPU speed to do lots of OpenCV frame processing and do it fast enough before the next video frame arrives.

Since my 8i5 is several years old, which newer model would provide like 2x or 3x performance CPU speed increase for typical OpenCV C++ programs?

THANK YOU so much for your help and suggestions!

DaveK

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel

Hello BirdingPix,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEK.

I would like to let you know that we cannot comment on which products are better since this will depend on the usage that will give to them.

You can use ark.intel.com to check and compare our products and you can choose the one that is better for you.

You can also check with the place of purchase for prices and offers

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician