Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

New Driver- and Support Assistent download failed

Searching for new drivers shows msg "New version ... is necessary". Klick on "Installieren" but nothing happens. How to get this new Version?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issues that you are experiencing when installing our Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you with this.

In order to assist you better, please provide us with the following information:

-Browser name and version

-Browser log files (please attach them to the thread)

-Error message displayed (feel free to attach screenshots if you wish)

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thanks for your answer.

Brower is Firefox 59.01

System is scanning in background. After clicking "Installieren" (please see attached sceenshoot first post) nothing happens, then get that (attached) Error msg.

Where do I get Browser log files?

Best Regards

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for your response,

In this case you will need to attach the debug log files found at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thx for your hint. Please find the log file attached.

Kind Regards,

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for your response and the information attached, it is extremely helpful.

I am sending your case to the specific team in charge of this issue so they can review it, we will reach you out as soon as we have news.

I appreciate your patience in advance.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

For any reason, after a clean install, the Driver- and Support Assistent works well.

Please close this call.

Kind regards

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Reason was, during the clean install a new version of Intel Driver and support assistent was installed.

A couple of days ago, same problem as obove described ocurs again. This time I searched for a newer Version of assistent, installed it and it works fine.

So it seems there is a problem to update the Assistent when it is running.

0 Kudos