Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12525 Discussions

New NUC10i3FNB - Intel Driver and Support Assistant won't update BIOS

Eric209
New Contributor I

Hi -- I got a new NUC10i3FNB in the mail yesterday -- it was a warrantee replacement for another NUC10i3FNB that I had (and you guys here helped me through the process of seeing that it needed to be replaced and getting it replace -- thanks!)

I plopped the old SSD and memory into the new computer, started it up, activated a few things (windows 11, office), and then went into the Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

It updated a few things -- wifi, bluetooth, graphic drivers.  However, the new NUC10i3FNB came with BIOS 0052.  BIOS 0059 is the newest version.  The IDSA didn't prompt me to update the BIOS.  Addtionally, there was no green check mark next to the bios -- ie., it looks like it wasn't even seeing if the BIOS needed to be upgraded.

Interestingly on the old NUC10i3FNB IDSA listed BIOS as "0052".  On this new NUC10i3FNB, under BIOS it lists the entire name of the BIOS - 

Version
FNCML357.0059.2022.1019.1055
I'm wondering if this is the difference -- IDSA doesn't know how to parse the long name?
As you can see, I was able to manually update it, but it would be great if I can get back to IDSA checking for new bios.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled IDSA but that didn't help.
Any thoughts?
detailed report attached
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If you have FNCML357.0059.2022.1019.1055, then you have latest, thus there is nothing to update.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

Eric209
New Contributor I

yes, I know that.  I manually updated it myself.

the issue is that the IDSA doesn't check for BIOS updates.  I think it's because it is reading the bios as a full string rather than just the # 0059 like before.  Basically 2 identical NUC10i3FNB, same SSD/hardware, my old one used to report bios as IDSA 0059 and new one in IDSA reports it as 

Version
FNCML357.0059.2022.1019.1055.

I know it's 6 of one, 1/2 doz of the other, but IDSA doesn't search for bios updates now.
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Eric209

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

We appreciate the feedback provided, however, since you installed the BIOS update manually, we don't have a way to verify if the issue is solved or not even if we try the troubleshooting steps for the IDSA issue, since the IDSA (Intel Driver and Support Assistant) is going to show everything is up to date with the issue present or not. 

If you have another issue with IDSA in the future, please contact us back to perform the troubleshooting without installing the missing driver manually, so we can verify that the IDSA issue is solved. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

Eric209
New Contributor I
Thanks. What would the troubleshooting steps be, by the way?

Somewhat related I have another nuc, a 10i7, which won't update the Bluetooth/wireless drivers because it lists them as Windows drivers with the Microsoft version #. I tried downloading the drivers from Intel and installing them manually but this didn't work.
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Eric209

Thank you for your response. 

In this case, you can try the following steps: 

1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show status of Running. 
    1. In Windows* Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. 
    2. Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start. 
  2. Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending. If yes, restart the system after the updates are installed. 
  3. Clear the browser cache and close the browser. 
  4. Try rescanning Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), ensuring the browser being used is Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Legacy, these are the only web browsers supported for this tool. 
  5. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage. 
  6. If the previous steps didn't work, uninstall the Intel® DSA using the IDSA Uninstaller and test it again. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Eric209.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Eric209.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician.