cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSwee3
Beginner

New NUC7i7BNH with Creators Update no HDR

Hello,

I had a series 6 NUC but read the Intel Whitepaper on HDR support so bought myself a NUC7i7BNH just to be on the safe side for playback.

I've installed a fresh version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

I have the latest Graphics Drivers and Mother Board Bios Update and are directly connected to my HDR enabled Samsung television that works fine on the same HDMI cable and plug using my PlayStation 4.

When I run dxdiag I get a message that at a hardware level the Iris 650 says;

HDR Support: Not Supported

My full dxdiag is attached.

I only bought a new NUC for the promise of HDR support it would be great if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi UnlimitedAccess: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities. We are sorry to hear the NUC is not working properly.

In regard to your inquiry, since you already installed the latest graphics driver and the latest BIOS version and the problem persists, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

idata
Community Manager

UnlimitedAccess: I just received some updates on this matter, for the video playback HDR slider in Windows to be enabled, it is necessary to enable the "HDR and advanced color" option in Display Settings first.

Please verify the following thread for additional details:

/thread/119483 https://communities.intel.com/thread/119483

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R