Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EKral1
Beginner

No HDMI video output after reseting BIOS to factory defaults

I recently reset BIOS to factory defaults on my Intel NUC8i7HNK2 and now I am not getting any video output from any HDMI ports on my NUC. I tried connecting with a different HDMI cable, different display and different port without success. I tried clearing the CMOS but also no difference. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EIo
Beginner

Did you try unplugging the power to everything for a couple minutes or longer?

Sometimes static electricity causes issues.

Othe than static electricity. Is the "input" properly selected on the TV/monitor?

EKral1
Beginner

I unplugged it yesterday and connected it again today (about 16 hours offline) still the exact same problem. I did however notice the colour of power button changed from yellow to blue. Does that mean anything? Also my HDD LED blink a few times so it does try to load something off it, no? I hear no beep for POST - don't remember if there was a beep in the first place.

Input on my monitor is properly selected because if I connect my laptop via the same cable and port it works just fine.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Disconnect the Power Adapter.
  2. Open the upper cover and disconnect the CMOS battery connector.
  3. Reconnect the CMOS battery after 15 Minutes.
  4. If it doesn't helps, perform Bios Recovery with the Bios Security Jumper removed:
  5. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios file HN0059.bio . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.
  6. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the upper cover and the LED panel from your NUC. Disconnect the LED panel connector before panel removing.
  7. Remove the yellow security jumper (see Product Technical Spec, para. 2.2.3.4, page 46 ) https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC8i7HVK_TechProdSpec.p...
  8. Insert the USB with the HN0059.bio file into rear USB port.
  9. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
  10. When bios recovery is completed, switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Reinstall the LED panel and the upper cover.
  11. Power your NUC ON.
  12. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
  13. Press F9(followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.
  14. If before update, you have customized bios settings, you can enter again to Bios setting to change the necessary settings. 

Leon

EKral1
Beginner

I followed your guide but did not work for me. After booting the computer with BIOS security jumper removed and USB inserted into the back port the NUC just started looping. It would boot up, USB led starts flashing for a bit, stops and a few seconds later the computer reboots and the process repeats.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking of using warranty its only been bought like 4 months ago.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. If you can replace your NUC in the place you bought it, do it.
  2. Or, open a ticket for RMA here.

Leon