cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

No Signal NUC6CAYH @ Samsung Series 7 (55) 4k TV

Hello,

Problem: When connecting the NUC to Samsung TV, the TV gets no signal.

Components used:

a) NUC NUC6CAYH 8GB RAM, connected HDMI

b) Samsung Series 7 TV (55), Modellcode UE55RU7179UXZG (tried connecting @ HDMI 1,2,3)

c) HDMI 2.0 Cable, different Brands tested

What we tried so far:

1) connected to regular Monitor with HDMI - works, connected with same HDMI Cable to TV - does not work, tried 5 different HDMI Cables from different brands - no success

2) connected NUC to different TVs:

2.1) Sony Bravia 65" 4k - works

2.2) LG 55" TV - works

2.3) Sony Bravia 32" - works

3) Updated BIOS, installed latest graphic driver, installed HDMI Update Tool - no success

4) turned on and off HDMI CEC both on TV and NUC (BIOS) - no success

5) setup BIOS to Display primary HDMI and only HDMI (RAM for graphics is set to 512MB btw)

6) Connected other PCs/Laptop to Samsung TV with same HDMI - works!

7) Connected NUC to TV and VGA Screen - Screen gets signal, TV not, but here it gets interesting: in Intel grahics Setup the Samsung TV is clearly shown with 4k resolution and named Samsung. I tried different resolutions (FULL HD, 4K @ 50i, 50p, 60i, 60p, etc), but could never get the TV to show an image. So he realizes the TV but somehow does not send a signal to TV.

8) tried different settings on Samsung TV - no success

As you can see, we really tried a lot, and it boiled down to 2 possible problems:

1) NUC has a problem with Samsung TV and cannot send data to this TV

2) Samsung cannot handle signal from NUC

Is there anything we could else do? Do we miss something?

Thank you in advance.

Björn

EDIT:

forgot to mention OS (thanks2 Al.Hill):

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.778

EDIT 2:

added screenshots of system config & driver

EDIT 3:

added screenshots result of Intel driver & support assistant

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What OS? Windows 10 version 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

WIN 10 Pro, latest Version, all available Updates installed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Latest version means nothing. Verify that you are using 1909.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Screenshot_283.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

To save (more) time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.

Is this a new build? That is, did you just purchase the NUC or has it been in use for a while and you just got around to testing it with this TV?

BTW, setting graphics RAM to 512 is unnecessary. This only affect BIOS operation; it makes no difference to the performance in the Windows environment.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

it is a brand new build.

system report attached.

Björn

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am not seeing anything obvious in the report.

I have two 40" Samsung 6000 Series 4K TVs and have never had any problems using them with the NUCs. In fact, I am using one of these TVs as my main monitor (software developers *love* vertical pixels so that they can see bigger window into their code)

Now that I think about it, I am not sure I have ever hooked the AY NUC to one of the 4K TVs. Let me try this in the morning (I am off to bed now; it's past 3am here)...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So I connected my AY to one of the 6000 Series Samsung 4K TVs. It worked right out of the gate, a good 4K@60Hz connection. I upgraded the HDMI firmware to 1.77 and it continued to run just fine. I tried a couple of soft and hard power cycles but it remained solid throughout.

So, no learning here. I will need to think about this some more...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

What is the exact model no. of your samsung?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have two of them that I use with the NUCs, UN40KU6290 (2016 model) and UM40MU6290 (2017 model). The latter is the one that I use as my everyday monitor.

...S

0 Kudos