Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

No network found during Windows installation: BXNUC10I7FNK1

I received a nuc a day ago and I've been trying to install windows on it. Launching from a windows intallation on USB, everything seems fine. Windows installation proceeds, copies files etc. but at the network screen says there is no network!

I have an ethernet cable plugged in which i know is good (i've swapped it out etc.). It's plugged into a switch - the switch has 2 flashing green leds and the nuc has a solid orange and flashing green (from L to R).

Any idea what i need to do here? Faulty port?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Make sure that you are running on the latest available BIOS released (update if not the latest) and then verify that the default configuration is loaded. This should result in the ethernet port being enabled.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi

Thanks for replying. Actually this didn't work, there was a slightly newer bios, but same thing.

here's what worked:

• i downloaded the complete intel ethernet driver pack (an exe) to another desktop i have and unzipped.
  • Copied to a flash drive
  • Ran windows set up on the NUC and at the driver installation prompt, pointed it to the last folder in the PRO1000 directory
  • This then copied a driver over with the windows files
  • Hey preso - i have a networked NUC

Honestly - i'm super surprised i needed to do this at all - what computer do you buy these days where you need to fiddle around with finding and installing specific drivers?

Hmmm...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

"what computer do you buy these days where you need to fiddle around with finding and installing specific drivers?"

Most all of them.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

During installation of windows? For an Ethernet controller? Seems odd to me...

0 Kudos